By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Despite failing due to a crazy budget, Star Trek Beyond is still easily the third highest grossing of the franchise- updated 11/22/16

The original link a little bit miss leading since it don't take inflation into account.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=startrek.htm

If you look at the adjusted for inflation numbers it currently in 8th place not 3rd domestically. World wide harder to calculate since inflation going to vary from country to country so you really cant find adjusted for inflation numbers for world wide.

Around the Network

185 million box office doesn't translate to 185 million profit for the studio. Movies of this type need to make a lot to be profitable esp in an era where anything under a billion dollar box office is seen as a failure.

I enjoy them for what they are, but focus on ideas rather than just action and revenge plots would be far more preferable.

Hopeful new series revitalizes the series.

I wonder will the next Star Trek movie be in the Kelvin universe or will it be related to the upcoming Star Trek discovery which has been said to be in the Prime Timeline

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Should have done better really should have easily made over $400 million world wide.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
I wonder will the next Star Trek movie be in the Kelvin universe or will it be related to the upcoming Star Trek discovery which has been said to be in the Prime Timeline

Kelvin universe? Prime timeline? Time to use my google machine.

-edit. aaaaannnnd done.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

These movies havent been that great since the first one.

Domestic still matters? It could flop in the US but totally make up for it worldwide.

The 2nd film was great.

Turkish said:
Domestic still matters? It could flop in the US but totally make up for it worldwide.

The 2nd film was great.

It could except for the fact that its theatrical run is pretty much over all around the world already.

I still don't get why people didn't like Into Darkness. I thought it was both well-paced and well-written. It's actually my favorite of the three reboot Treks. Beyond was fun but not quite as intelligent as I would like my Star Trek to be.