By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is GTA VI?

archer9234 said:
It's gonna be long. Didn't they say, in a interview, R* wanted to make the whole US? That means they want to make GTA VI have the ability to select a city, like GTA 1's map screen. And we can go to those locations. So they'd have to make all the city maps of the past games, in one game.

If they don't do it with procedural generation and we end up with cities that are just like each other with minor differences. A single state is more than enough and rhey doing something else than LA, NY and Miami. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
SecondWar said:

I was going to say the same thing. 5 years is the standard time period between releases for GTA, so I wasn't expecting anything before 2018 at the earliest. May get some teasers in 2017 if we're lucky.

Standard?? GTA/GTA2/GTA3/GTA VC/GTA SA say hi.

Ok, fair point - standard was the wrong word. But Rockstar dont really do annual releases/sequels so a comparion to the GTA 3 era and getting 3, Vice City and San Andreas in a couple of years is not a good comparison to their current timetable.

Farsala said:
New hardware really messes up a lot of devs plans. Development will switch systems if there are upgrades every 4- 5 years.

Very little is known about Mass Effect Andromeda. But in the same amount of time it takes to get released after the previous game.ME1,ME2, and ME3 were released, though I am sure ME1 had a longer concept phase.

Elder Scrolls usually take 4-5 years and the next one should have been released this year, but 0 info on it.

Infamous and Infamous 2 took 2 years apart to make, but Infamous Second Son and Sucker Punch Game 2 is more then 2 years apart.

And the list goes on, so no surprise 0 info on GTAVI.

They said it will take a long time (thanks to also elder scrolls online).

Keeo waiting because you ain't gonna see it anytime soon

They'll release it when GTAV stops topping the charts.

Probably in 6 or 7 years time.

Around the Network

I'd think more people would be asking for expansions like Gay Tony to GTA V, but seems like online is dominating that game and as long as Rockstar raking in money no hurry to get GTA VI out.

BraLoD said:
They are going to release RDR 3 before GTA VI.
I'm expecting GTA VI to be the only mainline this gen, like III was on the 6th.

Vice City and San Andreas were as mainline as III. They weren't numbered but this is just a detail. Not mainline GTA would be Chinatown Wars and the Stories sub series. 

I think GTA 6 is going to be an insane project and probably the most expensive game of all time by far. Cant imagine how many millions of man hours will go into the development. Doubt we will hear from it this year. Probably next.

They still have to release "GTA VR Ultimate Defintive Edition" for Neo, Scorpio and SteamOS, there's still a few hundred million they can squeeze out of the last entry before thinking about talking about the next.

GTA 5 sold 56 million copies they are making a 6th one lol