By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Trek Beyond deserved so much more at the box office

Soundwave said:
binary solo said:
Star Trek is a bit like the X-men of sci-fi movies. It has a strong fanbase, but never really threatens box office records.

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole evil scary dude determined to destroy Earth plot scenario that keeps being recycled in this reboot series. And ultimately I think the movie franchise is going to suffer from departing from the TV series continuity. In retrospect I think the movie franchise would have been better not doing a reboot, but establishing a different set of characters in the original continuity.

It was a good movie, but only really a Star Trek movie in name. It was an otherwise bog standard Sci-fi flick.

The best Star Trek movie of all remains First Contact.

I'd say that's between Star Trek II and VI, but First Contact is better than any other Star Trek film since by a good margin. 

I would respectfully disagree. But those were also good movies. I just remember coming out of First Contact being the most satisfied I have ever been for a Star trek movie. And It's the movie that I've felt best stands up to multple re-watches.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Soundwave said:

I'd say that's between Star Trek II and VI, but First Contact is better than any other Star Trek film since by a good margin. 

I would respectfully disagree. But those were also good movies. I just remember coming out of First Contact being the most satisfied I have ever been for a Star trek movie. And It's the movie that I've felt best stands up to multple re-watches.

The problem that I have with the TNG movies is they invariably become Picard & Data: The Movie. The OT crew just worked better in movie format.