By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nowadays are you buying more digital or physical games?

This console gen is marked by the big push digital sales got, garnering investments from both manufacturers and developers. If last gen digital distribution was mainly used for indie and smaller titles, and the main releases in digital form only coming much later, this gen digital is everywhere, There's no game that releases for both ps4/x1 that isn't also getting a digital release day 1. Speaking about me, nowadays I'm buying almost exclusively digital titles. I'm still waiting to buy a ps4, but the newer titles i got on my ps3 were all through PSN and Steam for my PC. 

The tendency is at some point digital sales are going to overtake physical sales on consoles just like already happened in PC, we aren't very far away to see it happening for some big title first, and I would bet Gran Turismo Sports will be a first case. 

Around the Network

If its available in physical form, I get that. So yes, I buy more physical copies of games.

I always buy physical if it's an option.

Digital, but that's because I've mostly moved onto PC gaming these days.

ktay95 said:
Digital, but that's because I've mostly moved onto PC gaming these days.

Add me to that list

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I like having a physical copy if it's available. For a system like Vita, digital becomes pretty popular. Used to fill my PSP with pretty old classics that I like to look back at from time to time.

More physical, but less overall nowadays.

Physical only until there's no more physical in the world...or it is a game/demo only released digitally, which means I have no choice. lol

90%+ digital, only physical if an amazing sale price on a game.

This year Digital but just because I really wanted to try a few games on PC and I'm taking all of the free games from the Ubi30. That beeing said I usually prefer physical