By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Its tiny. It looks cheap, it has to be because their aiming at 249$ launch price.

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
I fucken hope that is fake. It looks terrible!

I for one, think it looks gorgeous compared to the horribly asymmetrical faceplate it used to have before... 

QUAKECore89 said:

Wow, the second screenshot. Is that hard drive replacment? :O

I'm pretty sure the HDD cover is on the back.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

shikamaru317 said:
JRPGfan said:

You know MS will cut XB1 S to $250 if PS4 Slim is $250, maybe not immediately but before November for sure. Also, XB1 S still has the advantage of a 4K blu-ray player and HDR, I'm hearing PS4 Slim has neither. MS is also bundling games with XB1 S already, while Sony doesn't seem to be bundling games with PS4 Slim at release. 

^ which is probably why MS wont want to get into a price war Slim vs Slim.

Their Slim without a doubt costs more to make.

Thats assumeing MS cares if they make any profit off of their xbox devision.

JRPGfan said:
Its tiny. It looks cheap, it has to be because their aiming at 249$ launch price.

I think $300 launch and $250 holidays.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

You know MS will cut XB1 S to $250 if PS4 Slim is $250, maybe not immediately but before November for sure. Also, XB1 S still has the advantage of a 4K blu-ray player and HDR, I'm hearing PS4 Slim has neither. MS is also bundling games with XB1 S already, while Sony doesn't seem to be bundling games with PS4 Slim at release. 

It also has a small power boost. 

The old one will probably flatline to $200 though, especially if they stop production and clear the remaining stock... 

Normchacho said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Wow, the second screenshot. Is that hard drive replacment? :O

I'm pretty sure the HDD cover is on the back.

Hah! Like PS3.

jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

I think $300 launch and $250 holidays.

No, they have been 349$ forever.

The way to make a impact is to make it noticeable. You dont cut 50$ at this point.

Also they have the PS4 neo launching soon at 399$ (rumored).

They need to make this slim be cheaper than just 100$ from the Neo.

A 249$ price point is the only thing that makes sense.

AsGryffynn said:
JRPGfan said:

It also has a small power boost. 

The old one will probably flatline to $200 though, especially if they stop production and clear the remaining stock... 

That's really just through the use of more efficient parts though, the PS4 Slim may very well see the same kind of improvement.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

shikamaru317 said:
JRPGfan said:

Thats assumeing MS cares if they make any profit off of their xbox devision.

I can't see MS just bending over and taking it. They're going up against quite possibly 3 PS hardware launches (Slim, VR, Neo) this year. They know they'll have to do something big this Holiday in order to compete. I fully expect a price cut on top of the single game bundles, and likely a multi-game bundle for Black Friday.

Sony probably choose not to include a expensive 4k Blu-ray player, on purpose.

Eitherway MS is screwed by this. If they price match, chances are they re gonna have to eat losses.

If they dont, their sales will suffer.