By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JRPGfan said:
onionberry said:
the original design looks better than this tho...

If you look at the real pictures, instead of the fakes.

You notice its the same design, just smaller.

it's not the same at all
it's similar...

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
onionberry said:
the original design looks better than this tho...

If you look at the real pictures, instead of the fakes.

You notice its the same design, just smaller.

here,

it's too flat and generic, I don't like it. it's not ugly, but the original has an edgier design that looks better.

poklane said:

I dont get those daying this thing looks ugly.

And it looks like a decent enoygh size reduction to me. Especially seeing it next to the OG PS4 now. Small miracle of engineering they even got it that small seeing that the XB1s is still bigger than the Og PS4

Looks pretty slick. I like understated designs..

Still holding out for the Neo though.

The "core" concept is very simular to the original imo.
Maybe it looks abit "cheaper" but... really who cares? if this thing is dirt cheap, and still a PS4 on the inside.

Awesome for consumers.

This has to be a 249$ price point.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
poklane said:

I dont get those daying this thing looks ugly.

And it looks like a decent enoygh size reduction to me. Especially seeing it next to the OG PS4 now. Small miracle of engineering they even got it that small seeing that the XB1s is still bigger than the Og PS4

it's just that the size reduction is not that big cause the ps4 is small enough, and the original design looks better. So if they give me a choice I would buy the original, unlike the ps3 that has a prettier slimmer version compared to the original ps3.

onionberry said:

it's just that the size reduction is not that big cause the ps4 is small enough, and the original design looks better. So if they give me a choice I would buy the original, unlike the ps3 that has a prettier slimmer version compared to the original ps3.

Yh i can understand the size, it's pretty much as small as i was expecting it to be. I've made some posts in the vast how if looking at the board of the PS4 it's already shrub by about a third compared to its OG board. 

As for the looks, it looks pretty much the same as the og PS4 to me just with rounded egdes and without the demarcation on the too side. Would have been awesome if the PS logo on the top lights up tho. 

Anyways, you know what the say abiut beauty and the beholder.... to me it doesmt look as good as the original, but it doesn't look bad either. If i was shown the original, then shown this and told this cost $100-150 less, I would understand (or see) why. 

This is gonna make Sony have the cheaper & more powerfull, console again.

Just like at launch, when Xbox One was 499$ with kinect, (100$ more than PS4) even though it was 40% weaker.

Your gonna see PS4 slim for 249$ vs XB1 slim for 299$.

Sony will again have price advantage + power advantage.

Holidays are gonna be brutal.

poklane said:

Wow, the second screenshot. Is that hard drive replacment? :O

I like this design better, and the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's also approaching a very small form factor.