By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bandorr said:
Snoopy said:

1. It's common sense. It's like saying water is wet or something of that sort.

2. Maybe we shall come up with a wager, send me a pm on the terms.

3. I still won

4. It does tho. Imagine the most powerful console, best vr experience, best AAA exclusives, best controller, best online service. It's a beast man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjmMAo8FpGM

"4. It does tho. Imagine the most powerful console, best vr experience, best AAA exclusives, best controller, best online service. It's a beast man."

It is true the ps4 IS a beast. I mean it supports VR on multiple consoles. Has a ton of AAA every year. Great controller with a ton of features, and gives away a lot of PS+ games.

Oh wait were you talking about something else? Nah can't be...

Oh wait was this suppose to be bait? I was never into fishing.

Bandor, please don't jump into our conversation. Aqua man and I are like brothers, but closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpcRXBQBg8

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

3. I still won

4. It does tho. Imagine the most powerful console, best vr experience, best AAA exclusives, best controller, best online service. It's a beast man.

1. Well then, it should be easy to explain your logic. Unless you don't have a line of reasoning to back up your claim and are just going on what you want to believe.

2. Will do.

4. It doesn't. You said so yourself.

"Im not a big rez guy. I just prefer xbox because the controller, xbl and their exclusive games appeal to me more."

You already believe the Xbox One to have the best AAA exclusives, best controller, and best online service. So the difference is just power, and VR. Both bring with them significant cost.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

3. I still won

1. Well then, it should be easy to explain your logic. Unless you don't have a line of reasoning to back up your claim and are just going on what you want to believe.

2. Will do.

"Im not a big rez guy. I just prefer xbox because the controller, xbl and their exclusive games appeal to me more."

You already believe the Xbox One to have the best AAA exclusives, best controller, and best online service. So the difference is just power, and VR. Both bring with them significant cost.

Maybe not me, for a lot of people it does matter. Im somewhat intrested in VR but won't be purchasing one right away until I test it out some more.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

2. Will do.

Maybe not me, for a lot of people it does matter. Im somewhat intrested in VR but won't be purchasing one right away until I test it out some more.

Power does not matter that much, unless people are unable to play a game because of that. It was just a excuse  to give a reason for why the PS4 is selling so much,  it seems that having much more games and a much bigger installbase worldwide isn't enought reason for some peoples.

With PSNow on PC and Xbox One selling all their games for the PC, I think that the PC will be the better long term investment, atleast you will be able to play games from this gen(Microsoft) and last gen(Sony). I dislike the idea of Upgradable consoles.

The max effect that the Neo or Scorpio will have(while being just "upgraded versions of ps4 and Xone") is to make sales up on launch and will prevent a early decline in sales. It will not have the same impact as a new console, will be just the same console, but with more power.

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:

1) The Xbox Scorpio will supposedly have no non-VR exclusive games which will either force much more work on the developers or severely gimp the Scorpio version of the game. Games that run on Scorpio have to run on OG Xbox One(unless I'm mistaken). This will diminish the graphical fidelity of the Scorpio variant games.

2) Even the best current PC GPU cannot handle all 4k games at 60 frames per second and that card alone is worth more than the PS3 was when it first came out(which has other components inside which further inflates the cost of the console)

3) With MS putting alot of their exclusive titles on PC and implementing Xbox Play Anywhere, there is less incentive for PC gamers to get a Scorpio and consumers will have another option to play Xbox games in 4k via PC.

4) Given the cost of the console will probably be close to $1000US, how can it possibly succeed when the PS3 at $599US was simply too much for consumers? That was also considered premium at the time(blu ray drive, 4 USB ports, native PS2 backwards compatibility etc)?

1) Current PC games are made to run on a GTX660 or in machines with SLIs of 1080s. It's a way bigger gap.

2) More like 4K @ 30 fps. It can also run on resolutions like 1600p and upscale it and it would look good.

3) Getting a 4K PC isn't exactly easy. It normally demands SLI and that isn't noob-friendly. And MS ports of their games are definitely subpar. The market also showed pretty clearly that people prefer to play on consoles instead of PC because they lack technical knowledge, so we have a segment of people who don't know how to assemble a PC but want to play on 4K. A lot of guys just play CoD, BF or Fifa and still buy consoles, even if those games are on PC. The sales numbers also tell a similar story. Also, current PC experience on a controller + a big 4K TV is subpar. A lot of situations demand that you grab a mouse + KB and if you play online games, people will have M+KB so you're screwed.

4) It will be probably 600 dollars. Maybe less if they want to take a loss. I don't know from where you got that 1000 bucks number. PS3 failed because you could get a X360 for half the price and the graphics were the same. Scorpio is a second high-end options so, unlike the PS3, it is giving something that is worth the price. However, don't expect that Scorpio and Neo will sell any number close to their respective slim models. They are a niche, high-end option.

Swordmasterman said:

You think that there will be no generations anymore ? I don't buy that Idea. What is the advantage to say "I have a 102910293031039103 of userbase" while they aren't active as the actual console gamers.

Only gamers brag about userbase. What matters to companies is how many units and the profit they report in their quarterly reports and on the fiscal year.

zero129 said:

I dont know a person that can honestly say they owned a PS2 and didnt get Drive problems at some point and then need to buy a replacement.

Mine still works, bought it used in 2009, it has around 10 years of use. Even if it breaks, a new optical unit is around 15 dollars. On my PS1, the plastic piece that hold the CD broke and I ended up buying the entire optical unit simply because it was 10 bucks, the plastic piece costs 5 and I at least have a second one now.

Also, affirming that ALL PS2 units broke is a bit of a stretch. Most people didn't had problems. The reason why MS got a lot of hate because of the RROD it's because almost half of the units broke. That alone probably avoided that they crushed the PS3 completely, since they ony fixed it with the Jasper units, when Sony also fixed their hugely stupid idea that people would pay 600 bucks on a console that usually ran multiplats worse than the 300 bucks competitor.

I just saw an article today that stated that some XBOne games would need to be emulated for the system. The Scorpio - unless it's a "By Order Only" system, could be a massive failure because of how much of a wrench it is throwing in things simply for VR.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

zero129 said:

Then you and Bandorr where the lucky ones, just like how i still have my release X360 but yet went though 3 PS2 systems.

But its good for you that you at least knew how to replace the drive im sure many a PS1+2 owners didnt know or have this option.

First phat PS2 models and the first slim models where the worse. I remember the PS2 dvd problems very very well since i got mine on release and had to bring it back the same day cos it wouldnt read CD based games.

It's unfortunate to have all this issues. But if you are claiming that most of gamers had this issues, it's incorrect. I know a lot of people with PS2s and none of them had problems with the lens. Both this and the YLOD weren't nowhere near as common as the RROD.

I'm pretty sure that if half of the PS2s broke in a few months, it wouldn't have won the gen by such a large margin, people had other options. The RROD clearly affected the sales potential of the 360 and basically saved the PS3 of a larger fiasco. We can say that MS got lucky that Sony was dumb enough to release a 600 bucks console or they would have probably not reached numbers anywhere close to the ones they have.

The drive isn't particularly hard to replace, but even if you are not tech-savy, you can just take it to someone who can fix it. It isn't very expensive, even in Brazil.