By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I physically can't stand idiots in Rocket League anymore

One thing really aggravates me:

People who abandon a competitive match and leave me all alone. This wouldn't be so bad if Rocket League didn't operate off the blind faith that any disconnection must be purely accidental, and surely the individual will rejoin. Then they don't, and inevitably I can't quite keep up 2 v 1 in a match that frustrated my teammate enough to make them leave. Don't get me wrong, I pretty much always do better solo in a doubles match if I had a partner like this since they pretty much always suck so hard it's kind of amazing, but better when you're three points down one minute in doesn't account for much.

This really grinds my gear though since the game has the audacity to punish your ranking for your partner leaving. I went down a division the last time I stuck around and played out a 2 v 1 match and ultimately lost, and that was pure, unadulterated bs. At this point I just leave if my teammate does because the odds are incredibly high that I'll be going down a division anyways.

Oh, also, Neo Tokyo being in the competitive playlist. It should not be there. All competitive fields should be standard design. I invariably fuck up whenever I end up on the map to the point where I feel bad for my teammate as hit after hit perfectly falls in front of our goal due to the curvature on either side of the goal near the raised sides.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
My kids, 4 and 7, play rocket league, you're welcome.

At first I thought it was funny but shame on you for letting them play online multiplayer and ruin others game.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

John2290 said:
You are most likely getting AI bots filling spaces in your game.

Nope, AI bots never do the stupid things some people do.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

vivster said:
Teeqoz said:
If I get mad at my teammates, I just take a break and play some 1v1s instead.

So you can get mad at yourself?

Yes. If I lose a 1v1, I only have myself to blame.

Teeqoz said:
vivster said:

So you can get mad at yourself?

Yes. If I lose a 1v1, I only have myself to blame.

So kinda like when you play 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I love to play ranked and then drive for the other team so its 4 vs 2, my 2 teammates get so pissed its hilarious what messages they send during the game or after it. :D
I just love pissing off people in Games and its pretty easy to do in Rocket League^^

Physically? As in, you fall over?