By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I physically can't stand idiots in Rocket League anymore

I did not know there are SO MANY idiots on this planet before I played Rocket League. I never had so much frustration with any game before. I don't know how if they are so stupid how they can even function in real life?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Git gud scrub.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

m0ney said:

I did not know there are SO MANY idiots on this planet before I played Rocket League. I never had so much frustration with any game before. I don't know how if they are so stupid how they can even function in real life?

How about some examples?

If this is a Rocket League venting thread I'd like to get into the action.

There's nothing worse than defeatist team mates giving up when you're just one goal down and voting for forfeit, literally less than 30 seconds into the match. Hell I've had a team member vote to forfeit when the enemy team EQUALIZED before, like damn grow some balls.

Defeatist who are trigger happy with the forfeit button really piss me off. If you give up immediately when your team is behind stop playing.

So many people that haven't yet found the friend invite button.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

There's nothing worse than defeatist team mates giving up when you're just one goal down and voting for forfeit, literally less than 30 seconds into the match. Hell I've had a team member vote to forfeit when the enemy team EQUALIZED before, like damn grow some balls.

Defeatist who are trigger happy with the forfeit button really piss me off. If you give up immediately when your team is behind stop playing.

I always thought this, and even if you are losing 3 or 4 nil, I still don't see the point in forfeiting, it's not like you're going to win every game. I've been in games where we've been 5 goals behind only to bring it all the way back in the last minute then win in sudden death. 

At the end of the day its just a game and there's nothing at stake if you lose, I think people just havnt got much of a life so losing at a video game is a big deal for them.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I've never really had a problem with matchmaking, of the online games I've played it seems to find a fairly good match most of the time. Ranked is of course different because of the reset, but over time it sorts itself out. I only play on EU, so it may fare differently elsewhere.

Barkley said:

Oh I've had someone want to forfeit when we went a goal down 5 seconds into a match, then because we didn't forfeit they just turtled in the corner. We lost, but put up a damn good fight in spite of them.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

vivster said:
So many people that haven't yet found the friend invite button.

That requires friends

Seriously though I must be really lucky or something because the small pool of Aussies playing between midnight and 5am when im usually on are all awesome. Rarely have any issues with them. 

lordsynbios said:
Barkley said:

Oh I've had someone want to forfeit when we went a goal down 5 seconds into a match, then because we didn't forfeit they just turtled in the corner. We lost, but put up a damn good fight in spite of them.

Oh damn... I just remember one time we were winning 2-0, went down to 2-1 and one of my team mates voted to forfeit... like.... we're still actually winning and they want to forfeit.

Another time we were one goal down and someone on my team voted to forfeit and said we were bad, then I score 3 goals in the next minute and make fun of him, so he decides to play for the enemy team.

People that spam everything 3 times, and constantly troll during the match.

I love beating those people.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'