By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami announce Metal Gear Survive for PS4/XB1/PC; four-player co-op

funny how some month ago everyone thought Metal Gear Solid and Konami were done with Videogames, now they make a new game and people still hate them.

It looks pretty interesting better than Left4Dead and other generic zombie games.

Around the Network

Part of me is interested, the rest is annoyed by shamelessly slapping Metal Gear name on a Left 4 Dead looking title.

This goes under the same category as metal gear acid and metal gear rising.

It's non cannon. It could be fun and I'll judge it on its merits. Not jumping on the hate bandwagon and I'll at least give it a chance.

What the hell do they want to do with the franchise? Have they lost even more of their heads?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kerotan said:

It's non cannon.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is canon, though.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Kerotan said:

It's non cannon.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is canon, though.

It's not Kojima canon though and that's what matters.  Platinum and Konami can say what they want but it means diddly squat to the Kojima metal gear fans. 

For the record I really enjoyed rising. 

Kerotan said:

It's not Kojima canon though and that's what matters. 

Kojima himself loved it and offered himself to write the script for the sequel. His only requisite is that if a sequel were to happen, it could only be done by Platinum Games.

Wright said:
Kerotan said:

It's not Kojima canon though and that's what matters. 

Kojima himself loved it and offered himself to write the script for the sequel. His only requisite is that if a sequel were to happen, it could only be done by Platinum Games.

He said he doesn't agree with the out come of the game although some of it could fit his timeline. 

It's not proper canon and not made by him.  As I said it fits in with acid and this new game.  Spin offs of the main series.  

I like how they slowed down the arrow shot at the end like that shit was actually cool...

Ruler said:
funny how some month ago everyone thought Metal Gear Solid and Konami were done with Videogames, now they make a new game and people still hate them.

It looks pretty interesting better than Left4Dead and other generic zombie games.

We wanted them to be done with Metal Gear. This just looks like a cash grab.

Popular IP, check

Reused assets, check

New Director, check

And I'm sure with what happened between Kojima and Konami this doesn't exactly have his blessing. 

I'm surprised as many fans are willing to give this a chance as their is.