By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami announce Metal Gear Survive for PS4/XB1/PC; four-player co-op

Even even complete lack of bias - I have strong doubt that Konami have better level designer than Activision.

If they keep MGS V game play, it will suck or it will just be a reskin.

I don't understand who made this decision. They could have just recycled designs.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Metal Gear: Federation Force

My thoughts exactly

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Wright said:
Kerotan said:

It's not metal gear solid canon.  That's what he said and it's enough for me. It's part of the universe yes. 

Regardless my whole point is based on it being a spin off which it is. 

Your original point was that Metal Gear Rising belonged to the Ac!d and Survive team because it was non-canon:

When I replied back, you didn't attemp to point out it's spin-off nature, but argue about it being non-canon:

Kerotan said:

It's not Kojima canon though and that's what matters.  Platinum and Konami can say what they want but it means diddly squat to the Kojima metal gear fans. 

For the record I really enjoyed rising. 

It was only on your third comment when you finally changed the perspective and added the spin-off factor, on which you also pointed out the game not being "proper canon", despite the game being confirmed Metal Gear canon, Kojima himself loving it and the game being added to the Metal Gear timeline (which is something Portable Ops never had). You want to consider it spin-off and lump it together with the other spin-offs? Fine by me. But the criteria of such being non-canonical is wrong.

I don't consider it proper canon and there are little details Kojima doesn't either.  It's not metal gear solid canon like said in the interview.  It's in the same universe and worked to fit the Canon as best as possible.  

Regardless of what has been said my original point is it's not a proper main line mgs game. It goes under the alternative section with the other spin offs.  You can argue over the Canon comment all you want but I really don't care.  my point was this new one isn't a regular metal gear either and I put it in the same bracket.  

It will be judged on whether or not it's fun and well made and I won't be comparing it to thr proper games. 

Kerotan said:

I don't consider it proper canon and there are little details Kojima doesn't either.  It's not metal gear solid canon like said in the interview.  It's in the same universe and worked to fit the Canon as best as possible.  

Regardless of what has been said my original point is it's not a proper main line mgs game. It goes under the alternative section with the other spin offs.  You can argue over the Canon comment all you want but I really don't care.  my point was this new one isn't a regular metal gear either and I put it in the same bracket.  

It will be judged on whether or not it's fun and well made and I won't be comparing it to thr proper games. 

Which little details Kojima doesn't consider about it?

And the interview didn't say it wasn't Metal Gear Solid canon. The interviewed confirmed the game was canon, just that both aren't the same branch:

It's not a Metal Gear Solid game, it's a Metal Gear Rising game. Kojima made the distinction to highlight the change of pace in gameplay, and then Platinum Games pick it up after it was almost canned. It's set as a direct sequel of MGS4 instead of the middle chapter Kojima first envisioned it (And Sunny referenced it at the end of MGS4); in both scenarios the game was canon from the get-go. It's not a mainline Metal Gear Solid game, but it is a mainline Metal Gear game, despite it's spin-off status.

It can't go on the alternative section because Metal Gear Rising isn't an alternative universe. Survive is confirmed to be set in an alternative universe. Again, you can put them in the same bracket as both are spin-offs, but that bracket's criteria cannot be the fact that they're non-canon since Rising is canon.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops isn't a regular Metal Gear either, and it's both canon and mainline, unless you share Kojima's opinion of Portable Ops being crap. xD

Wright said:
Kerotan said:

Which little details Kojima doesn't consider about it?

And the interview didn't say it wasn't Metal Gear Solid canon. The interviewed confirmed the game was canon, just that both aren't the same branch:

It's not a Metal Gear Solid game, it's a Metal Gear Rising game. Kojima made the distinction to highlight the change of pace in gameplay, and then Platinum Games pick it up after it was almost canned. It's set as a direct sequel of MGS4 instead of the middle chapter Kojima first envisioned it (And Sunny referenced it at the end of MGS4); in both scenarios the game was canon from the get-go. It's not a mainline Metal Gear Solid game, but it is a mainline Metal Gear game, despite it's spin-off status.

It can't go on the alternative section because Metal Gear Rising isn't an alternative universe. Survive is confirmed to be set in an alternative universe. Again, you can put them in the same bracket as both are spin-offs, but that bracket's criteria cannot be the fact that they're non-canon since Rising is canon.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops isn't a regular Metal Gear either, and it's both canon and mainline, unless you share Kojima's opinion of Portable Ops being crap. xD

I read it online.  Seriously though stop putting so much effort into your replies.  I don't deserve it especially on this subject.  The Canon thing isn't important.  All I'm saying is the game ain't your regular metal gear.  Hence why it's in with acid and the survive as spin offs or whatever you want to call them. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

I read it online.  Seriously though stop putting so much effort into your replies.  I don't deserve it especially on this subject.  The Canon thing isn't important.  All I'm saying is the game ain't your regular metal gear.  Hence why it's in with acid and the survive as spin offs or whatever you want to call them. 

Not puting effort on the replies isn't fun. What's the point of discussing something if I were to make one-liners without any kind of data, source or opinion on the matter. Years of Gamefaqs arguments regardless Metal Gear Rising canon status made me hardened on this subject, on which I like to talk about. As I said, sure, lump it with Survive and Ac!d (while you're at it, with Ghost Babel and the two Nintendo Metal Gear games) because they're all spin-offs. But I'm glad we cleared its canon status at this point, which was the thing I was solicitous about.

Wright said:
Kerotan said:

Not puting effort on the replies isn't fun. What's the point of discussing something if I were to make one-liners without any kind of data, source or opinion on the matter. Years of Gamefaqs arguments regardless Metal Gear Rising canon status made me hardened on this subject, on which I like to talk about. As I said, sure, lump it with Survive and Ac!d (while you're at it, with Ghost Babel and the two Nintendo Metal Gear games) because they're all spin-offs. But I'm glad we cleared its canon status at this point, which was the thing I was solicitous about.

I just didn't want you to waste your time on me when it wasn't important to me.  Anyway your point is taken on the Canon.  and my point is clarified as putting this into the spin off bracket rather than non Conon. 

Kerotan said:

I just didn't want you to waste your time on me when it wasn't important to me.  Anyway your point is taken on the Canon.  and my point is clarified as putting this into the spin off bracket rather than non Conon. 

It's not like I have better things to do than arguing with random strangers on the internet at 4:45 am.

I can already feel this turning out just as great and RE Umbrela Corps turned out for Capcom.

Wright said:
Kerotan said:

It's not like I have better things to do than arguing with random strangers on the internet at 4:45 am.

You could be playing games!! Anyway I'm off to sleep.  Adios amigo!