By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee Gamescom 2016 Trailer

Platina said:
Looks good, wonder if it will be ported to the NX

Most likely, they know that biggest audience for this game will be on Nintendo platform.

Around the Network

Wow. This is so much Banjo. The only thing that's not there is Banjo and Kazooie themselves. Being like an N64 Banjo game is a good thing though!

Rare is done, I dont believe they could make a game like this anymore.
Their tallent left, to form Playtonic, and recruited more and more tallent away from rare.

Im happy someone is still makeing games like these in this day and age.

curl-6 said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Original kinckstarter included Xbox One, PS4, and WiiU versions as stretch goals (which were easily met), though we'll have to see if NX becomes an option given various release dates.

There have been other crowd-funded games that included Wii U in their promised platforms but cancelled that version later. I'm honestly still expecting the U version of Yooka Laylee to be canned in favour of an NX port.

Just as you said for months about Zelda and... yeah, it wasn't a very productive pessimism.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

There have been other crowd-funded games that included Wii U in their promised platforms but cancelled that version later. I'm honestly still expecting the U version of Yooka Laylee to be canned in favour of an NX port.

Just as you said for months about Zelda and... yeah, it wasn't a very productive pessimism.

I'm still 50/50 on Zelda to be honest. :(

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Original kinckstarter included Xbox One, PS4, and WiiU versions as stretch goals (which were easily met), though we'll have to see if NX becomes an option given various release dates.

Playtonic themselves are handling the WiiU version, I would like to think that it won't get cancelled!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Since Playtonics is the OG Rare crowd I can't imagine them failing to deliver and fucking over Nintendo fans like that. If they don't follow through no one will. Though, I do think NX will get a port. 

That's the thing though, I can see them defending it by saying that since it's on NX, Nintendo fans are still getting it. I'd love to be proven wrong here, as I want to play this on my Wii U, but after the debacles of games like Project CARS and 90s Arcade Racer, I am intensely skeptical.

They were very enthusiastic about bringing it to WiiU, mentioning it, and Nintendo several times. From their general behaviour I can't imagine them cancelling a port this late in the game. They are very experienced devs and took great care to not bite off more than they could chew with their Kickstarter.

If anything I imagine a late port for NX in the launch window is a possibility.

Edit: Also fart bubbles.....

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You have a problem Curl xD

AZWification said:
curl-6 said:

Playtonic themselves are handling the WiiU version, I would like to think that it won't get cancelled!

SuperNova said:
curl-6 said:

That's the thing though, I can see them defending it by saying that since it's on NX, Nintendo fans are still getting it. I'd love to be proven wrong here, as I want to play this on my Wii U, but after the debacles of games like Project CARS and 90s Arcade Racer, I am intensely skeptical.

They were very enthusiastic about bringing it to WiiU, mentioning it, and Nintendo several times. From their general behaviour I can't imagine them cancelling a port this late in the game. They are very experienced devs and took great care to not bite off more than they could chew with their Kickstarter.

I sincerely hope you're both right. I really want to play this on Wii U, and I am afraid to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, like I did for 90s Arcade Racer.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I know. The last 5 years have let me down a lot, so I've become more and more wary and skeptical. I was so psyched for 90s Arcade Racer, for E3 2015, to play Breath of the Wild in 2015/2016...

curl-6 said:
AZWification said:

SuperNova said:

I sincerely hope you're both right. I really want to play this on Wii U, and I am afraid to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, like I did for 90s Arcade Racer.

Goodnightmoon said:

I know. The last 5 years have let me down a lot, so I've become more and more wary and skeptical. I was so psyched for 90s Arcade Racer, for E3 2015, to play Breath of the Wild in 2015/2016...

Regarding 90s Arcade Racer, Nicalis is infamous for doing shit like that if I'm not mistaken.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---