By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV Master Version Gameplay (53 min video)

I like what I've saw.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Angelus said:
This is the first actually great presentation I've seen for this game. Makes the delay more annoying......

Now if JRPG makers could just get better dialog writers

I unfortunately saw the beginning back and forth banter, but I can tell you that I chuckled from Gladious's response.  It's much better dialogue than I was expecting.

Lube Me Up

Only 10 minutes into the video, but the game looks great to me.

They removed the hold the button down to attack thing. Immediate points just for that. Its a teleport now.

I'm still worried the combat will get repetitive and stale fast, but the game is looking better now.

Still quite a few FPS dips, but the delay will help with those hopefully.

I admit, its finally looking decent. They shouldn't have released that platinum demo, or better, they should have worked a bit more on it before releasing.

"Dieses Video ist in Deutschland leider nicht verfügbar, da es Musik von UMG enthalten könnte, über deren Verwendung wir uns mit der GEMA bisher nicht einigen konnten."

Thank you Gema

Around the Network
Nem said:

They removed the hold the button down to attack thing. Immediate points just for that. Its a teleport now.

I'm still worried the combat will get repetitive and stale fast, but the game is looking better now.

I admit, its finally looking decent. They shouldn't have released that platinum demo, or better, they should have worked a bit more on it before releasing.

Do you know if we can choose to hold down the button if we want?

Edit: An option in the config menu I mean or something

Lube Me Up

Can't you use any character other than Noctis? It could get really repetitive with only one character.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Nem said:

Do you know if we can choose to hold down the button if we want?

Edit: An option in the config menu I mean or something

No idea. If they showed the options screen i missed it, but i don't think they did. Even if it did how would you do the teleport (wich is the new use of holding the button down)? Don't worry, this was a change for the better.

What does MASTER version even mean?

There are far too many teamwork moments during fights and most of them feel forced and some of them are just plain silly. The combat isn't flashy like PG games, nor it's tight like Souls, more importantly, the camera angles get tedious far too often.

The dialogue is cheesy and made me cringe, wasn't worthy of the accompanying epic music at all.

The girl in a tight bra has an incredibly annoying accent. Speaking of voices, the voice-acting is horrendous and stale. It's not dynamic, there is no depth to it, it's not 3D, it feels like all of them are speaking directly into a microphone, all of it feels as if it is taped over the video. They better improve the mixing. 

Graphically, it needs some serious polish.

The good:
we finally get to see them out of those ridiculous outfits we've been seeing for 10 years. Driving is actually kinda entertaining, although, Noctis friends can be too talkative. The night time section looked interesting.

Overall, I am not impressed, I am not disappointed.

After watching the E3 trailer I had no hopes for this one, but this made me like what I saw. Horrible voice acting though hah. I can live with that though. Will buy, just not day 1