By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will NX get all three Super Mario games?

The three Super Mario games are 2D, 3D (SM64), and isometric 3D (3D World). Is it possible Nintendo will have all three of these for the NX? Also will Nintendo make two of each (two NSMB and isometric 3D) since they sale incredibly well? I personally just want one good 2D Mario and a other 3D adventure Mario. 3D World is great but I enjoy 64 and Galaxy gameplay much more.

Again this all under the assumption the NX hybrid rumour is true.

Around the Network

I really hope so. I have been asking for a 64-like Mario game since forever! I'm sure it would have no problem selling very well, too.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

NX doesnt need a 2D mario game.  Donkey Kong Country does it better, let them carry that part.
It needs a new 3D collectathon type one. Nintendo needs to not skip this.

Isometric and 3D are kind of redundant. I don't think they're distinct enough to make 2 of them on the same platform.

JWeinCom said:
Isometric and 3D are kind of redundant. I don't think they're distinct enough to make 2 of them on the same platform.

Then "3D World" type one needs to go away forever.

Galaxy / mario64 where much better.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

Then "3D World" type one needs to go away forever.

Galaxy / mario64 where much better.

I like 3D World and Land a lot.  Assuming the NX isn't a hybrid, I'd rather they keep the 3D land line on handhelds, and the 64 style on consoles.  The more straigthforward gameplay works better on the go.

JWeinCom said:

Lol what?? Iso3D is closer to 2D than it is 3D. The I3D games are basically just the 2D games with a camera perspective change. The 3D games are much different.

ktay95 said:
JWeinCom said:

Lol what?? Iso3D is closer to 2D than it is 3D. The I3D games are basically just the 2D games with a camera perspective change. The 3D games are much different.

It depends.  It's pretty different from Mario 64 or Sunshine where your goal is exploration.  But when comparing it to Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 which are far more linear, it's really not all that different.  You can especially see this in the last world of 3D World which is clearly modelled after Galaxy.

JWeinCom said:
ktay95 said:

It depends.  It's pretty different from Mario 64 or Sunshine where your goal is exploration.  But when comparing it to Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 which are far more linear, it's really not all that different.  You can especially see this in the last world of 3D World which is clearly modelled after Galaxy.

THIIIIIIS; I was wondering if anyone else had this thought process. Honestly, Galaxy's a hell of a lot closer in structure and point to point gameplay to 3D Land/World than it is to 64/Sunshine.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

New Super Mario Maker and New Super Mario 3D World/Galaxy?

I dont see them making a 64 style and 3D World style on the same system.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988