By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Special Edition of Quantum Break for PC Hitting Retail and Steam on September 14

MS is confusing the shit out of me now. They started putting their games on PC to give people more reasons to upgrade to w10 and use their own store but now they put it on steam? I wasn't upset they put it on W10 because it made sense but putting it on steam sort of kills their strategy to keep people on their store.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
JEMC said:

A MSoft game... with Vulkan?

Vulkan is that good.

Its a equal to directx 12, in everyway, and it runs on everything.

I'm not trying to say that Vulkan is bad, just that it's very unlikely that Remedy will use it instead of DX11.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
exclusive  (noun )

An item or story published or broadcast by only one source.

Let's post all definitions, shall we?

Taken from Thefreedictionary.com

Exclusive

ex·clu·sive (ĭk-sklo͞o′sĭv)

adj.

1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 10-14, exclusive; that is, 11, 12, and 13.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.
8. Catering to a wealthy clientele; expensive: exclusive shops.
9. Linguistics Relating to or being a first person plural pronoun that excludes the addressee, such as we in the sentence Pat and I are in town, so we can meet you for lunch.
n.
1. A news item initially released to only one publication or broadcaster.
2. An exclusive right or privilege, as to market a product.

While I'm not personally fond of it, MS's definition of exclusive fits within certain of these criterias.

darkenergy said:
Now if they bring Gears 4, Horizon 3, and Recore to Steam sales would be incredible.

Now I'm contemplating waiting it out. I'd much rather play them on Steam. Then again this could be a one off case do the sales being so low. Maybe a clause in their contract with Microsoft wasn't met, now than can release it on other platforms. 

jason1637 said:
MS is confusing the shit out of me now. They started putting their games on PC to give people more reasons to upgrade to w10 and use their own store but now they put it on steam? I wasn't upset they put it on W10 because it made sense but putting it on steam sort of kills their strategy to keep people on their store.

Money talks.

Around the Network

Steam! OMG! Hope this means will see more MS games on Steam.

zero129 said:
Dadrik said:
Does the game run correctly on PC though ? Last I heard it was really not the case

I had no problems runnng the game mate. But then i was running the latest version after it was patched so that could be why. Not sure how it was on release.

Well, from what I've seen and heard, on release even high end PCs couldn't reach 60fps consistently, and struggled to reach a stable 30fps at times. It wasn't really good, but I'm glad to hear it was patched

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

where can we preorder tho?

Apparently there will be no more fix/patches to the Windows store version....

You almost feel bad for the people that bought that version now.
This has to be a blow to MS's window store & UWP format.

JRPGfan said:
Apparently there will be no more fix/patches to the Windows store version....

You almost feel bad for the people that bought that version now.
This has to be a blow to MS's window store & UWP format.

Being as restrictive as they were, it was hardly going to work out, it never did with GFWL and I honestly don't see every dev bowing and submitting themselevs to just going with the UWP format and only DX 12 and going to the Windows store. That dream was more or less a pipe one of MS's, not ours, most of their dreams don't always work out so well. As long as Steam exists MS won't be able to climb to the top like they've wanted since the the start (but somehow fucked up royally).

This recent info on Remedy stopping the updates on 10 and Windows store version to adhere to the Steam Windows 7-8 version with DX 11 makes me wonder if Remedy are done with MS after this, I mean it sounds like they didn't get the sales they wanted, their game came out a mess and got a bit of bad press.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"