By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

The only way I can get kills with a warhawk is with the machine gun. It seems like everyone else has 2x more health and chaff than me.  I am getting better at staying on peoples' tails though, so getting kills with the machine gun happens more and more often.

By expert, do you mean the ones with the red dots instead of green ones?

Around the Network

Red dots mean full servers I think. At the end of the some blue match names you usually see Exp or Ex (well thats all I ever see) this denotes expert servers.

As for warhawk killing ask slums/badger or skip/canadia I try not to fly if I can help it. I practiced enough in a warhawk to get my promotions. I did find kills easier to get using the green missle pick up.

I do enjoy shooting warhawks down with the rpg. Although they don't annoy me as much, since they increased the Tow missle respawn time.

ameratsu said:

if anyone wants to play in the next little while, add me. put your vgc name in the invite so i know who it is.

PSN: idontrockirap

edit: 40,000 views!!! awesome work dogs, the league is a huge success.

Thanks, but it is not all me. Credit needs to be shared with anyone who has actually showed up for a game. I didn't sustain a 25 views per post ratio on my own, :) Anyways, whatever work is required, it is my pleasure.

@Epsilon and other:

Your roster entries have been updated to reflect your maps

@Ameratsu Do you have Broken Mirror now?

@GodOfWine Which maps do you have again?

Forgot to mention this earlier, but Wenlan, you did a great job with the mines in the first CTF match. I don't know how many mines you put there, but I was able to take out some before the others got me. So close to killing dogs.

Red dots mean that the game is full, your rank is too high or you don't have the map packs to play. Green means that you are able to play. There used to be a yellow dot, but I don't see it anymore. It probably has to do with having one map pack.

Just wanted to let you guys know the latest patch details and release date.

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item115001/The-spoils-of-Warhawk/????/

The newest Warhawk update not only brings with it a range of enhancements, but also some rather exciting features – did someone say "trophies"?

Superlative online vehicular combat title, Warhawk, is ready to offer even more value to its loyal players by gifting them with the new v1.5 update, which includes a batch of extras for the game including integration of PlayStation Trophies.

With Trophies now earnable in the main game, Warhawk gives you the chance to show off your achievements to all. There are over 50 Trophies to unlock, based on performance, modes, weapons, vehicles and any booster packs you own. Some also work retroactively, meaning if you've already earned the requirements for those particular trophies they'll be automatically added. Here's just a small sample of what you'll encounter:

Community Building Trophies
These trophies encourage supporting or participating in the community-at-large, including:
- Bandwidth Donor: Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.
- Rivalry: Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.

Game Mode Trophies
These trophies are based on specific game modes, such as:
- Lone Wolf: Play a perfect Deathmatch (1st place, no deaths).
- Survivalist: Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.

Vehicle Trophies
These trophies are awarded for exemplary performance with vehicles. These include:
- Taxi Driver: Help a teammate capture the flag (in Capture the Flag) or cores (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
- One In A Million: Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.

Warhawk Weapons Trophies
These trophies are awarded for exemplary performance with Warhawk weapons, such as:
- How Did You Do That?: Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.
- Tail Shaker: Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within five seconds of deploying it.

There are also Trophies specific to Omega Dawn and Broken Mirror booster packs, as well as a number of hidden Trophies across the all sub-categories, so there's plenty to keep you blasting away for a long time.

As well as PlayStation Trophies integration, this new update also supports custom music tracks from the Home Menu, 20 new aircraft paint schemes and 50 new insignias selected from the SCEE paint schemes and insignias contest, and a set of playable training tutorials to help new players learn and practice before going online to do battle.

Available to download for free on August 27, 2008, Warhawk update 1.5 is the perfect present for all Warhawk fans - and if you've yet to experience its fast paced action, there's never been a better time.

Around the Network

Thanks for the info Skip. This update is going to be great. yay

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme        

Thanks for the update skip.

skip said:

Vehicle Trophies
These trophies are awarded for exemplary performance with vehicles. These include:
- Taxi Driver: Help a teammate capture the flag (in Capture the Flag) or cores (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
- One In A Million: Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.

You shall be mine, trophy, you shall be mine.

skip said:

As well as PlayStation Trophies integration, this new update also supports custom music tracks from the Home Menu, 20 new aircraft paint schemes and 50 new insignias selected from the SCEE paint schemes and insignias contest, and a set of playable training tutorials to help new players learn and practice before going online to do battle.

Available to download for free on August 27, 2008, Warhawk update 1.5 is the perfect present for all Warhawk fans - and if you've yet to experience its fast paced action, there's never been a better time.

Hey, thanks for the news, skip.

That´s really good for someone new. When I buy it (god willing) it will be easier and faster for me to learn the basics. Hopefully, they will be good tutorials.

If someone could take a look at them when it comes out, and tell me if it is good or not, I would really appreciate it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Dogs Rule said:
ameratsu said:

if anyone wants to play in the next little while, add me. put your vgc name in the invite so i know who it is.

PSN: idontrockirap

edit: 40,000 views!!! awesome work dogs, the league is a huge success.

Thanks, but it is not all me. Credit needs to be shared with anyone who has actually showed up for a game. I didn't sustain a 25 views per post ratio on my own, :) Anyways, whatever work is required, it is my pleasure

@Ameratsu Do you have Broken Mirror now?

yes

edit: about the update, I would of preferred a few gameplay tweaks and fixes and maybe content over trophy support. I swear if one more warhawk flips my ground vehicle off a bridge or cliff i'm throwing my controller at the screen (only seems to happen on offical sony servers). Warhawks should not be able to flip ground vehicles, this is one of my only issues with the game right now.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka