By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 meeting annouced!!!! Its happenning!!!

Teeqoz said:
Miyamotoo said:
Great!
I dont care about Neo, but I want care about PS4 price cut and about PS4 Slim. :)

Why are you expecting a PS4 Slim? The PS4 is already as slim as the XBO Slim...

'm not expecting it per say, but I'm in the same boat with him. Simply casue i think its possible. And if its possible then sony will do it cause it will save them money.

As it stands, simply from improvements in RAM density over the last 2+ years the latest sku of the PS4 has a board thats already a Third smaller than it was when launched. So if sony can do what MS did with their APU then it means they can get that smaller and in turn also get the PSU smaller too. They can basically shave off more fat and thus release an even smaller PS4.

What all that means for them is that they can sell it at $299 and still make a decent profit on each box while selling the Neo at $399 with a much smaller profit or just breaking even for now. If they stand to gain even a $5 lower BOP making a PS4 slim, then be rest assured they will do it. Unless there is a proper reason why they cant. 

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

I can't believe consoles have gone down this route of releasing upgraded current versions. This is now sadly going to be the case for every gen yet to come. I know it's not forced upon us and we don't have to buy the upgraded version, but I can't help feel it's going to be a signicant upgrade and games that utilise it are going to have a blatant difference n performance, so much so that that, gamers that don't upgrade are going to be missing out on the "real" experience of those games. For instance Sony have already said that no mans sky is basically going to be a lot better on neo.

I think its fair, as long as the price is right. With this push to iterative consoles it makes eveeyone happy and allows the platform holders morr flexibility. 

I bought my PS4 for $400. So people like me obviously have no qualms spending that much for a console. There are some that don't want to spend more than $200-$300 for a console. Now they have that option.

The way I see it, if you want the best that console gaming can offer, then be willing to pay a slight premium. If you don't wanna do that, then be willing to settle for a little less performance since what you are getting is the budget version. 

If you care enough about perfrmance then put your money where your mouth is. If you don't, then there is something there for you too. 

I hope if the Neo comes out at 399$, that means they drop the price of the normal model down to 249-299$.

A 249$ price point should cause alot of people to finally jump on the bandwagon, and get one.

I can see Sony releasing a Slim at $299 without a game attached and having a 1TB HDD
The Neo would then be priced at $399 without a game.
The older FAT PS4 with game will be reduced to $329 - as the version without a game already is on Amazon.com

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
so my Ps4 is useless now...

Mine is not. It's still working.

Wait...

No, just as i thought. I still can play games with it.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

I can't believe consoles have gone down this route of releasing upgraded current versions. This is now sadly going to be the case for every gen yet to come. I know it's not forced upon us and we don't have to buy the upgraded version, but I can't help feel it's going to be a signicant upgrade and games that utilise it are going to have a blatant difference n performance, so much so that that, gamers that don't upgrade are going to be missing out on the "real" experience of those games. For instance Sony have already said that no mans sky is basically going to be a lot better on neo.

PS4 and X1 will still be able to play all the games that releases on Neo and Scorpio (bar perhaps some VR games), so you aren't losing nothing... do you prefere to be stuck on a place because of lack of option than to choose to? That is odd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

This is the only possible and logical reason for this meeting....I can't see it being anything else. Why would they have a meeting to discuss anything other than the Prequel, Sequel, Remaster or Remake of The Legend of Dragoon....that should be their TOP priority imo!

That's plain logic.
What would be Sony's top priority if not talking about LoD?

Who knows.....they have been slacking on this for a few years now.....sooooo hopefully this is the time!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
BraLoD said:

That's plain logic.
What would be Sony's top priority if not talking about LoD?

Who knows.....they have been slacking on this for a few years now.....sooooo hopefully this is the time!

I hsbe it on good authority that LOD remake is due to be released as a launvh title on the PS4Oracle.

For the uninformed of the matrix pecking order we hsve Morpheus, neo, Trinity, Smith, Oracle.....

3yr cycles, so thats just about a decade away. 

Intrinsic said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I hsbe it on good authority that LOD remake is due to be released as a launvh title on the PS4Oracle.

For the uninformed of the matrix pecking order we hsve Morpheus, neo, Trinity, Smith, Oracle.....

3yr cycles, so thats just about a decade away. 

FINALLY!!! Some Solid information! You have just made history Intrinsic lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

StokedUp said:

Sony already stated that mid-gen upgrades won't be a regular thing for them.