By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 meeting annouced!!!! Its happenning!!!

Shadow1980 said:

If Neo & Scorpio are "next-gen" then the New 3DS must have been the 3DS's next-gen successor.

2-3 times more powerful is hardly a generational leap. In fact, it's only next-gen in comparison to the PS3 & 360. Honestly, the PS4 & XBO should have been as powerful at launch as the Neo & Scorpio are, but that would have made them either too expensive or big loss leaders. The PS4 & XBO were not as big of a leap in power as previous generations, esp. when you consider that previous gens typically saw 20+ times increases in power.

20x increase in power?????!!! Which consoles hsve you been playing?

but yes, the PS4/XB1 could have come out way more powerful than they did, all they had to do was just do what had been done almost eveey gen beforr bow and make the CPU and GPU two seperate chips. 3 years on (now), fab tech would hsve advanced enough for them to finally put both the CPU and GPU on the same chip. 

Thank God they didn't do that. I think they launched with just enough power and I like this 3yr refresh cycle thing. I rather do this and than stick with one sku for 6-8yrs. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
I'm eager to see the price! Would be kinda weird for the Neo to be $400 while the regular is still $350, and $500 would just be too much as Sony should well know.

My guess is that the Neo will come in at $400 with 1TB and the base PS4 will drop to $300. They will probably also announce a 2TB neo sku for $500 just to sell some to the hardcore fans (good luck to those folks) and reap the benefits of higher margins on that sku.

But I'm pretty certian the PS4 will drop to $300. That's why I wanna sell mine now when I can still get $200+ for it. There are gonna be a lot of used PS4s for sale come December. 

Around the Network

Most interesting thing for me will be, how they will market this damn thing so they dont piss of current PS4 Owners (that dont can/want to upgrade), but at the same time make the PS4 Neo look like its a worthy upgrade for current PS4 Owners or people that are completely new. But whatever, there will be a LOT of People that will b**** about it anyways.

Im hyped and for me its just a question if i will buy PS4 Neo or PS VR first !

They are going to use a method called 2x2 to achieve 4k with almost half the pixels needed. So you can have you're ultra settings too in most cases.

topolino227 said:

Most interesting thing for me will be, how they will market this damn thing so they dont piss of current PS4 Owners (that dont can/want to upgrade), but at the same time make the PS4 Neo look like its a worthy upgrade for current PS4 Owners or people that are completely new. But whatever, there will be a LOT of People that will b**** about it anyways.

Racing stripe. 

topolino227 said:

As long as all games work and are avaialable across both skus, and games domt have sku specific features besides graphical boosts; I don't anyone will have a problem with this. 

Becasue anyone that has a PS4 isn't missing out on  anything. They had 3yrs to get one and when the Neo came around that $400 console has become a $300 console because it's not as powerful as what a $400+ neo is even though it plays the exact same games. People that didn't jump in because of the cost of the PS4 will be able to join in now for $300 or go for even less if buying used. People that were only waiting for certain games can get whatever they wanna get or can afford to.

I don't see what the problem is. 

All hell will break loose the second a game can only be played on the Neo though.... which fortunately Sony has said will never happen. 

Around the Network

how about PS4 slim?

*wipes away sweat* hehe, I knew it was going to come this year, i totally had no doubts!

Intrinsic said:

Its official 

I cant think of any other reason for this outside the neo annoucnement. Guess its coming this year after all. 

Very exciting! There may be other surprises like a regular PS4 price cut.

Is it a show or a closed industry event?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's about time!
But September 7th is still a month away :/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54