By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: No Man's Sky framerate and performance test (PS4)

Seems to run pretty well as long as you aren't shooting across the surface of a planet in your ship. Which is better than I was expecting honestly.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I hope PC has 60fps but 1080p is epic for ps4 owners, specially with the soild 30fps lock.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

that Solid 30Fps... amazing job hello games!! "New starlet" of the year!

In Sony We Trust!

A solid 30fps when exploring on foot is good, but holy guacamole, that 14fps when flying over the surface of a planet is nasty.

curl-6 said:

A solid 30fps when exploring on foot is good, but holy guacamole, that 14fps when flying over the surface of a planet is nasty.

Pc/neo is definitely the place to play this game(expect neo mode patch)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Could have sworn this game was aiming for 60fps (PC it is, then). At least it's nice and stable outside one specific scenario. DF's comments section as cancerous as usual.

Wondering how it's going to hold up on PC, hoping for 60fps and decent LoD.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

curl-6 said:

To be fair, it is not "when flying over a planet" it is "when flying max speed down to a new planet and boosting as fast as possible without slowing down over the surface."  That's a specific, intentional circumstance you aren't going to have happen accidentally very much.  As he pointed out, as soon as you slow down and the engine generation can catch its breath, the game runs as before. 

so solid 30 fps is impressive now... wow. not hating, just saying. ¯_(シ)_/¯

the game looks like a fun ride of exploration.

onionberry said:

so solid 30 fps is impressive now... wow. not hating, just saying. ¯_(シ)_/¯

the game looks like a fun ride of exploration.

Funny how you think zelda botw is impressive when it runs at 30 fps.