By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid 30th Anniversary thread !

I've completed Other M just recently for the 4th or 5th time. Aside from the awkward story, the game is really cool. All other games in the series are absolutely fantastic! Even the first Metroid on the NES. Too bad it lacks a map. Same goes for Metroid II. Now Super Metroid might be my favorite game of all time ever. I finished it countless times and even started speedrunning it. My best time for 100% is something around one and a half hours. I know every pixel in that game. I'm considering playing Prime 3 once more in the next weeks or so. Whenever I think of Elysia or the pirate home world, I get the urge to replay it. Also, I happily admit that I'm looking forward to Federation Force.

Around the Network

I consider Super Metroid and Metroid Prime Trilogy to be pieces of art, perfect in every way possible and Nintendo's most respected franchise. It's sad to see Metroid making such a downgrade with Federation Force.

Gonna play Other M for the 3837336th this weekend to celebrate!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Best game series ever!

Happy Birthday, Metroid! You are and always will be my favorite franchise. I hope someone over at Nintendo is readying your return to the heights achieved on the GC and the SNES. In the meantime I'm enjoying Zero Mission on my WiiU virtual console.

Around the Network

23 hours and we'll be able to celebrate this 30th anniversary with AM2R. Can't wait ^^

Metroid is without doubt my favourite franchise ever. I absolutely love each and every one of its games (even Prime Pinball was a very solid pinball game). However, I think Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Fusion are the most special to me.

hahahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh this is just sad
WTF Nintendo, why do we get Amiibo Party, Ultra Smash, Fed Force etc. but not a real Metroid, F-Zero, 3D Mario (shut up I mean the 64, SMS, Galaxy franchise, yes its different).

Love the series, next to Zelda and the early Final Fantasies it is my favorite of all time.

22 hours until AM2R launches...the real anniversary present for Metroid.

Funny, I just finished Metroid Prime 2 earlier today for the first time in years and completed Metroid Prime 1 for the first time ever a couple of days ago.

I find that I have a strange love/hate relationship with the series. On one hand it feels like a chore to go through each individual room scanning everything and looking for clues with the occasional interruption by puzzles, pushover bosses and smaller enemies (the repetitive music doesn't help much either), while on the other hand I inexplicably find that I've greatly enjoyed myself as I look back on my accomplishments.

Metroid Prime 3 is up next. Hopefully the motion controls won't be enough to turn this into a relationship of pure hatred.