By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Canadian economy is doing terrible...

How are these numbers?

Beyond awful! I thought C... 8 33.33%

Awful, but no surprise at... 12 50.00%

Better than I expected! 4 16.67%

Total:24

The fiat currency ponzy scheme will fall appart, it is just a matter of tme. All central banks do is print money with low interest rates out of thin air to prop up insolvent banks and companies. The so called helicopter money.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
barneystinson69 said:

Well unemployment (officially) isn't doing all that bad. But participation rate is falling. Either way, the Liberals already pushed out their budget in March, meaning they should already have influence on the economy. The budget you produce only has an effect on that fiscal year. While it could have an effect on the future, you can't tell me what was the produced last year with effect the entire year, because those were all impletmented last year. But I see your point, and obviously forming an argument is becoming harder. But they're the ones in power, they produced their first budget, so they should take responsibility for what happens this fiscal year.

Again, the effects of whatever he is doing won't be felt until late this year or next year (If Unemployment rate jumps above 7.0%, come call me up, we can blame the liberals (even if it isn't their fault), but which brings as point number 2, read soundwave completely, word for word, he showcases reflection of the decline of Oil and how industries can be linked to one another. 

Codependence of industry, to form the magical buzzword Synergy. 

(This will be good time, to actually do some work, before I get back either). 

It depends a little... some decisions can have a bad kneejerk reaction or if it is a measure that was deeply expected and needed the changes can be felt in few weeks or months, but of course full results can take even more than a decade to appear (like Brazil in early 90's that basically took almost one decade to harvest).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's probably attributed to oil prices as I too wouldn't blame the Liberals despite how anti-PC I am ...

That been said I do wish we got back our higher oil prices since that favours us very much as consumers when we have more spending power in total ...

Things are not goint to get much better any time soon. Housing is the single biggest industry right now and it has been "bubbling" up ever since the government emergency low interest rates post 2008. The household debt is at record levels. The Ontario government has biggest debt for non country borrower. Canadian federal government is due to run huge deficits each year. In next 4 years alone they'll add $120 billion to federal debt. Also talks of further reducing interest rates, which would crap the dollar value even more. 

Worst Household debt to Income ratio

Finance, Real Esate and Insurance industries only ones that have done really well. Collectively known has FIRE economy. That's enough doom for the day. Go Canada!

Canada gov is left or right at moment? Estatist or liberal?

Around the Network
Acevil said:
barneystinson69 said:

I'm not allowed to post in the political thread. You may as well lock this...

I think I know the reason why that rule as was made, this sort of is bit different, I don't think the mods should close this. Also one more thing I will say, Oil prices might rebound actually almost scarily (If it happens it will happen really fast), no one can truthfully predict it, but if it does. I fear for our dollar (It should never be too high and that close to the USD). 

Unfortunately it appears that he's not allowed to make any political threads . So I have to close this one with how thing stand right now.