By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

MoHasanie said:
Snoopy said:

How many times do I have to say it. Population doesn't mean squat. China would be way ahead if it did. The fact is Americans are awesome and it is a great month to be an American. Also, it is great that Xbox is doing well in sells too. Americans leading the way of the future.

China is poor. No point in comparing them. 

If we only consider developed rich countries, America doesn't do that well relative to it's GDP and population size. The US also doesn't do that well in medals per capita.

Not sure what's the point of mentioning Xbox in this. Guess the console wars are very important to you..

America isn't doing well? Yeah, keep deluding yourself. We are number one.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

America isn't doing well? Yeah, keep deluding yourself. We are number one.

Only warning you get.

Why? I didn't do anything wrong. I said we are number one because we have the most medals by a long shot. 

Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

Only warning you get.

Why? I didn't do anything wrong. I said we are number one because we have the most medals by a long shot. 

This whole thread all your posts have been bragging about how great and better America is than everyone else. If you said it once it's okay, but saying it repeteadly is annoying. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Today was a hell of a day in Track and Field. So many medals, so many talented athletes. A big shout out to the American women that swept the 100m hurdles, the gold-silver placing for Americans in shotput, Ashton Eaton's repeat gold in the Decathlon, and the biggest story of course, Bolt's unbelievable third-time gold in the 200m.

What a fantastic day for sports.

Dammit, our women's handball team lost against Russia. :-/ There goes our one gold medal chance lol.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Dammit, our women's handball team lost against Russia. :-/ There goes our one gold medal chance lol.

It's okay, you guys still do so well in the winter olympics. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Teeqoz said:

It's okay, you guys still do so well in the winter olympics. 

It's still pretty okay to get at least one gold medal in the summer olympics xD

psychicscubadiver said:
Today was a hell of a day in Track and Field. So many medals, so many talented athletes. A big shout out to the American women that swept the 100m hurdles, the gold-silver placing for Americans in shotput, Ashton Eaton's repeat gold in the Decathlon, and the biggest story of course, Bolt's unbelievable third-time gold in the 200m.

What a fantastic day for sports.

America did great. Im sorry, its just that I'm so proud of my country I think I am going to tear up a little.

My top 3 Rio performance highlights:
1. Bolt's triple gold in 100m and 200m and potential triple gold in Jamaica's 4x100m relay.
2. Phelp's 23rd gold medal.
3. Biles gold medals in the Artistic Gymnastics: individual golds and US Team Gold.

How unfortunate that the Italian Male Beach Volley team lost in the final match, well I guess it's all right since they lost against Brazil who is known to be extremely strong at both Beach Volley and Volleyball and who also had everyone cheering for them...

gota blame the stupid P&G ad even if that was female Beach Volley