By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ChartTrak data: PS3>360 in UK

Even with price drop, PS3 is outselling 360 in UK

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30024/360-and-PS3-rocket-during-bumper-Easter

PS: Note that VGC has 360>PS3 in UK for last week. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

So, really, no one has a clue which is outselling the other.

SHOCKER! Lol. Oh well, we criticize ioi too much. It is what it is. I expect NPD to relect PS3 winning too but what can you do.

So the ps3 outsold the 360 slightly in the UK, thats good news for sony I guess, though Im happy microsoft got what they wanted, and it was to close that gap.

mM
leo-j said:
So the ps3 outsold the 360 slightly in the UK, thats good news for sony I guess, though Im happy microsoft got what they wanted, and it was to close that gap.

Close that gap? I think 360 sales will drop within 2 weeks. Even right now the gap is not closed, actually nothing changed if you look at the numbers. GT5P had the same effect as the 360 price cut. Both console went up over 70% in sales.

Don't forget in UK PS3 was ahead of the 360 by a little margin only, about the same as last week.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

When you use data sets and extrapolate (and when two items are similar) then I'd say anytime PS3 and 360 are withing around 5 K of each other you might as well assume a draw and that it is impossible to be sure which really outsold the other.

If one or the other really moves ahead then it will be clear who is really selling more each week. Right now the 360 and PS3 are often nose and nose in may regions for weekly sales.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

no numbers only percentage...

krik said:
leo-j said:

Close that gap? I think 360 sales will drop within 2 weeks. Even right now the gap is not closed, actually nothing changed if you look at the numbers. GT5P had the same effect as the 360 price cut. Both console went up over 70% in sales.

Don't forget in UK PS3 was ahead of the 360 by a little margin only, about the same as last week.

This is not GT5's affect, this was in easter when the game didnt release right?

mM
eliasg said:
no numbers only percentage...

They said that even with the price cut the PS3 and 360 are nearly equal with the PS3 just barely outselling it in that region.

mM

The difference is within error, unlike some other differences