By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales for the future..

Say, if Wii sold 200k units every week, which seems about right (Not counting peaks in sales when Mario Kart Wii comes out and Wii Fit and all + future games and Hollidays) the Wii will sell 10.8Million units this year, NOT counting January, February or March. This means the Wii will be at 33Million ASSUMING it ONLY sells 300k per week. In other words, I don't see your 33milion Wii's prediction possible at all, not to mention that when supply increases for the demand (which hopefully will be somewhere this year) then the Wii's sales will increase even more. It's foolish to think sales will drop anywhere around mid 08, specially since we're nearing mid 08 and sales are as strong as ever, if not stronger.

Around the Network

I was at WalMart the other day and I saw a lady buy the last wii in the case. She got wii play too. Probably a soccer mom.

Paul said:
I was at WalMart the other day and I saw a lady buy the last wii in the case. She got wii play too. Probably a soccer mom.

ah those soccer moms, awesome. =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Arguing with leo-j is almost as pointless as arguing with Crazzyman. His mind is already made up, he won't listen. All this thread has managed to do is make him look foolish and expose a whole new generation of posters (who weren't around before his ban) to his sad fanboyism.

Congratulations, leo-j!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Neos said:
Paul said:

ah those soccer moms, awesome. =D

I don't get the "It's all just soccer moms!" arguement.

I mean... Soccer Moms have kids.

Which means the kids are likely playing it too. 

Around the Network
dtewi said:
45 Million End Year.

Leo-j, if demand slows Ninty will be all over it. New colors, price drops, endless bundles. They'll do anything.

Thats what I'm hoping for, lower price, black console, and me finally being able to find one in stores.

Sony does price cuts, game bundles, colors, redesigns and they are geniuses.

If Nintendo or MS does the same and they are desperate.

That's the fanboy way. 

Leo j prediction will never come true the wii will sell more than 33 million by the end of the year his prediction is not realistic it is just a bias prediction against the wii from a ps3 fan that thinks his opinion is fact without backing up his prediction with any numbers or proofs that his theory is right.

I'll stick with my sig. and Neos copied mine btw.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

y do u think demand will drop??? the market is even close to being saturated yet