By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales for the future..

leo-j said:
You guys are expecting too much from the wii, you think demand will forever be this high, the fact is it will not. Even if my prediction is wrong the wii will not be in this demand forever thats a fact.

That is not a fact, that is your assumption.

Until you can provide proof that demand will wane below current shipment levels, it will hit 40 million. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
leo-j said:
You guys are expecting too much from the wii, you think demand will forever be this high, the fact is it will not. Even if my prediction is wrong the wii will not be in this demand forever thats a fact.

Welcome back OP.

Now of course it's a fact.  Forever is a whole bunch of time...and even more added for good measure.  In fact, I think the Wii demand may even subside before 2012, which a few posters around here (and the Mayans) think will be the end of forever.  So yeah...you win. 

Leo-j, so you think if demand lowers Nintendo won´t do something? They still have a lot of tricks under their sleeve. They can afford to lower the price, release new colors, And also the future releases will prevent your pessimistic prediction from being true.
You are so blinded by your fanboyism that you don´t seem to realize that Nintendo is the only console that hasn´t lowered the price or done anything to increase demand, yet they have had the biggest demand of all current consoles.

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life´s problems

SSBB Event Match Records!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUd0Q6nejQ <-- Me beating Through the fire and flames on expert!

Brawl FC: 2750-6853-5077

Currently Ranked  #3 on the smash bros league.

http://nsider2.com/forums/signature/ssbb/img/WaSuMaRa.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

http://thebrawl.net/signaturegenerator/metaknight/WaSuMaRa/5370-0082-7840/donkeykong/link/image.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

FishyJoe said:

Oh man, I'd like to have a t-shirt with this graph on it, except 95% of people wouldn't get the humour of it (which is roughly the size of the Wii target markets!)   {smiley}

leo-j said:

You're right, in fact 360 and PS3 demand aren't going to be this high forever either, it obviously has to go down 'cause demand never increases from whatever it was at launch.

Even the 360 managed to sell more in its 2nd full year than its first, and the Wii was supply-constrained for most of its first full year, yet you still somehow think that it's going to magically sell worse this year, without even being able to point to any specific points that might back up your clearly biased opinion.

You're no better than those analysts who were predicting back in 2005 that the Wii would only sell 11 million total lifetime.

Around the Network

You're right, it won't have insane demand forever, but 4 or 5 years is a good bet. It will have great sales this year. WiiFit is the next WiiSports. All americans will buy into it by its message: Why get out of the house when you can stay home and "excercise" on a toy? It may not seem like a seller, but it is.

What back-up do you have besides that it is a "fad". What other refutuable proof do you have to even suggest that there is a slight possiblity it will sell below 35 Million besides being a fanboy? Or are you just a bit frightened of the fact Sony will fail so you have to persuade yourself that the Wii will fail with no reason?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

"it's not a fad, it's fun"

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

leo, u will not be able to send me vg$500 in July when you lose our bet...would u like to change to a 1 week ban instead?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

no predictions Soriku? I didn't even notice. C'mon...you just dropped a few notches below Leo-J in my book for lacking the orbs to put your own on the line.

Edit....@Fast Rabbit....banbets are no longer allowed...per ioi.

45 Million End Year.

Leo-j, if demand slows Ninty will be all over it. New colors, price drops, endless bundles. They'll do anything.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you