By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favourite gaming heroine(s)? (Almost there, voting will end relatively soon!)

Samus and Princess Zelda

Around the Network
Wright said:
outlawauron said:

It's time to start. I'll do this in waves.

Huh, ran out of steam making the list?

Angelus said:

Lightning's coolness isn't real. She's just the only character in her games that isn't total shit.

I dunno, what was so bad about Sazh?

His "I'm too old for this shit" shtick...well, it got old real quick.

Damn. I love all three of those. Samus, Bayonetta and Lara.

I think I'll have to go with Bayonetta though.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Samus and it honestly isn't even close.

a bounty hunter chick who fights giant aliens in like total isolation with practically no help. Not. Even. Close.

mountaindewslave said:

a bounty hunter chick who fights giant aliens in like total isolation with practically no help. Not. Even. Close.

So I take it we're all just pretending Other M doesn't exist? :P

Around the Network

LTTP, can i only (now) vote for those that are in the OP?

curl-6 said:
mountaindewslave said:

So I take it we're all just pretending Other M doesn't exist? :P

Or they probably still remember Samus as described previously, regardless of what happened in Other M. Not everyone hates Other M anyway. :P

One game shouldn't have to be the end all, be all for one character. Samus has had many memorable adventures and her legacy has been pretty much set at this point. Hopefully we'll see more adventures in the future.

Roronaa_chan said:
LTTP, can i only (now) vote for those that are in the OP?

You can vote for whoever you want, and I'll add your picks to the whole vote. If you manage to give a vote to someone who has five points (effectively making them six), then she'll show up on the OP.

arcaneguyver said:
His "I'm too old for this shit" shtick...well, it got old real quick.

But that's mostly over the first hours of the game, where he hasn't established a connection with the rest of the cast and he just brushes off their crazy ideas. Doesn't help he's actually the oldest and see everyone else as kids.

Because you asked so nicely, Wright...

Not in any particular order:

1) Samus Aran - She is a classic, but I remember watching friends playing Metroid on the original NES.  I was always intrigued by the game, and I admired it from afar.  Yes, this was back in the late 1980s.  I kept my interested of Samus in the back of my mind until relatively recently when I finally bought my Wii.  Since then, she been a part of my permanent pop culture life.  In fact, I had just beaten the orginal Metroid on the Wii just less than four years ago.

2) Tron Bonne - I love me some MegaMan.  So it was no surprise that the first 3D MegaMan perked my interested in MegaMan Legends which introduced the villanous robotic mechanic Tron Bonne.  She later was given the green light to star in her own title The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.  She's sulky, hot-tempered, and a dominatrix when it comes to disciplining her loyal "Lego" men.

3) Hana Tsu-Vachel - Hana never reached her full potential as a gaming character.  Playing the lead role in Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2, she was tough, direct, independent, no non-sense, and she knew how to have a good time with her lover and partner, Raine.  Too bad the PS2 sequel to the Fear Effect franchise never saw the light of day.  I did hear of a Kickstarter project to bring the Fear Effect series back.  We'll see.

4) Heather Mason - Sadly, the Silent Hill franchise has fizzled.  But thankfully during its hayday, the developers listened to the fans when it came to a direct sequel to the original Silent Hill.  Originally, there were no plans to conclude the story arc from the first game.  So we have Heather who was a character easily empathized with by events I cannot mention due its spoiler nature.  You HAVE to play the orginal Silent Hill before you even think about playing Silent Hill 3.

5) Meiko - Meiko originally started out as a vocaloid, but she later gained gaming status by the riding the popular coat tails of the blue-haired pigtailed Hatsune Miku featured in the Project Diva music games.   In contrast to Miku, her voice is deep with an alluring sound matched by a mature womanly figure of a brunette bombshell.

Here is Meiko in Project DIVA F 2nd...