By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favourite gaming heroine(s)? (Almost there, voting will end relatively soon!)

Title is self-explanatory. What are your favourite videogame feminine icons, when it comes to protagonists or deuteragonists? (Villains can be added as well)

Also, the explaining the reason for your pick is always welcomed!

Here are my picks, in no particular order:

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil games); she's always been, at least for me, the Ellen Ripley of videogames. Trapped with only her wits and skill to survive a supernatural event that has taken away pretty much all her companions, she eventually would overcome numerous apocaliptic scenarios before joining the BSAA and ultimately destroying a multi-billion company that threatened the world. Also, I've always thought she has a very nice face.

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider games). Even if I really didn't enjoy the 2013 reboot that much (too many things that defied my willing suspension of disbelief), I still value this character and her cultural importance in gaming, becoming an international icon and leaving a everlasting mark in action/adventure games. Depending on which game we're talking about, she's also extremely sexy.

Erica Anderson (Catherine). I always thought Erica was extremely beautiful when the game first shows her, with her nice redhead and detailed face and body figure. It gets really interesting when you discover her background, and being an extremely supportive member of the main cast, she's also intelligent and talented, being the one that discovers alongside the main character the true cause of the game's events.

Jade (Beyond Good & Evil). When I first started playing this game, I admired the beauty world that was crafted within. Then, when hell's break loose, I admired Jade, for she was a woman with resolve; a witty journalist who would do what is right to protect those she care about and also bring up the truth about everything that was going on. Strong and agile, Jade definitively is an overlooked heroine, as much overlooked as the game she takes part in.

Samus Aran (Metroid games). Do I really need to say anything here? A beautiful woman that kicks cosmic ass, more powerful than most heroes and that can survive admist any adversity. Her Zero Suit also does wonders.

So, which ones do you choose?

EDIT: Here are the winners so far! (Only mentioning those with +4 votes)

SECOND EDIT: Wow, certain things stood still, but others definitively changed! (Now mentioning those with +5 votes!)

THIRD EDIT: Finally, less draws than before!

FOURTH EDIT: Let's keep climbing these up! (Now only +6 votes show up!)

FIFTH EDIT: The final stretch, it seems! (+7 votes!)

Samus Aran (26 votes)

Bayonetta (19 votes)

Lara Croft (16 votes)

Jill Valentine (10 votes)

Lightning and Terra Branford (both 9 votes)

Princess Zelda and Ellie (both 8 votes)

Yuna and Tifa (both 7 votes)

Around the Network

Bayonetta 

Ooo, great list Wright!

Samus, of course. A total badass.

I adore Jill, too.

Jade is a great pick also. She deserves a sequel!

I'd pick Lara also, pre-2013.

Dixie Kong deserves a spot too. She's a great partner and a leader.

Celes of course, and Terra. Both strong, complex women.

Joanna Dark. Smart, sexy, and deadly.

Bayonetta. Confident, uninhibited, and unflappable.

Elena Fisher. Brave and intelligent, and puts up with Drake's BS

Lilac (Freedom Planet). Loyal and fearless and dedicated to her cause.

Cortana, pre-2012. More intuitive and human than many humans.

Kazooie. Funny and sarcastic as hell, but always a trustworthy friend.

Zelda. The once and future princess of Hyrule and a noble monarch.

And, my favorite: The Boss. Such a complicated and beautiful person.

Shepard - Anyone who has played the ME series knows the female version of Shepard is so much better than the male version. Mainly due to the voice acting.

Hmm, pie.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Celes of course, and Terra. Both strong, complex women.

How could I forget the Final Fantasy heroines. Almost every single one of them deserve to be mentioned!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Cortana, pre-2012. More intuitive and human than many humans.

I actually liked her best in Halo 4. Her vulnerability and the way the effects of rampancy played against her usually clear headed nature were really well done i thought.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Kazooie. Funny and sarcastic as hell, but always a trustworthy friend.

Damn straight, can't believe I neglected to mention  the Red-Crested Breegul herself.

Samus Aran from Metroid, Yuna from FF X and Undyne from Undertale.

Huh, I just recent thought of this as a thread idea, but decided I wouldn't make it. Glad you made it instead Wrighty.

Maybe I didn't because now I'm just drawing blanks on my favorites.

Someone mentioned Dixie Kong. That's a good one... I like Rosa from Mario Galaxy too. There's also Marta for Dawn of the New World... Linear Cannon from Evolution is pretty cute too...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ELLIE from The Last of us

ESTELLE from Trails in the sky

LARA CROFT from tomb raider

LIGHTNING & SERAH from FF13 Trilogy

BAYONETTA was pretty cool aswell

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Samus, Bayonetta, Alexandra Roivas ( Eternal Darkness), Terra from Final Fantasy, Lara Croft and Jade ( Beyond good and Evil) are my picks. There are obviously many I'm missing.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---