By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Gets Unnerved By A Crying Baby

mountaindewslave said:
LivingMetal said:
I can't stand it when my 5 year old whines for nothing. But seriously, most people take things a bit too... seriously. It is what it is. Roll with it.

I think it would have been less weird if he had just vaguely been like "hey I'm speaking here, could you please do something about the kid", but instead he does this very weird thing where he acts like a crowd pleaser calling the baby cute and "its fine", only to backtrack a moment later....

Honestly as much as I hate politics, I'm starting to think Trump is not a politician.  I think he shows that he's as human as the rest of us by his behavior whether you agree with is ideas or not.  He just "talking" like most anyone else would.

Around the Network

I remember him saying he likes kids but doesn't like any of the taking care of the kids, that's for the women, lol.

You could tell he wanted to slap that kid in the face, haha.

Again it's funny, but then it kinda isn't when you realize he could be president.

He gets unnerved very easily and thrown off his focus very easily. 

Normchacho said:
Why is he such a fucking asshole, and why do people think he should be President?

Because apparently being an asshole who says whatever he thinks is qualified to run the most powerful country in the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

LivingMetal said:
mountaindewslave said:

I think it would have been less weird if he had just vaguely been like "hey I'm speaking here, could you please do something about the kid", but instead he does this very weird thing where he acts like a crowd pleaser calling the baby cute and "its fine", only to backtrack a moment later....

Honestly as much as I hate politics, I'm starting to think Trump is not a politician.  I think he shows that he's as human as the rest of us by his behavior whether you agree with is ideas or not.  He just "talking" like most anyone else would.

but most normal people wouldn't call a baby 'cute' and say "I don't mind it making noise, that's what kids do!", and then a minute later say "you thought I was serious? your kid is annoying me and my speech, get outta here"

sorry, but normal 'human' people do not have that sort of bipolar flip-the-switch manner of speaking. It is quite strange. and babies crying in like huge political floor rooms is nothing new

Trump behaves strangely in this one for sure

Captain_Yuri said:
Not sure if I should laugh or facepalm or both

Its mean spirited, he makes fun of what is most likely a single mother, that had to take her baby with her.

One of his own supporters. What politican does stuff like that? apart from him.

Also you can barely hear the baby at all... I doubt most would have noticed.

99% of politicans would have either been kinde enough to just ignore it, or would have said something sweet instead.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
LivingMetal said:
I can't stand it when my 5 year old whines for nothing. But seriously, most people take things a bit too... seriously. It is what it is. Roll with it.

The way he handled it, showed a bit of lack of empathy. Not something you want from a leader. 

Does a person need empathy to be a good leader?  Just asking, not really questioning.  And I do think it depends.  But let me just say for me as long as the United States is protecting its people such as myself so I can freely serve those around me to help one another is ultimately what matters to me.

That baby was sent there by Bernie Sanders.

LivingMetal said:
Goatseye said:

The way he handled it, showed a bit of lack of empathy. Not something you want from a leader. 

Does a person need empathy to be a good leader?  Just asking, not really questioning.  And I do think it depends.  But let me just say for me as long as the United States is protecting its people such as myself so I can freely serve those around me to help one another is ultimately what matters to me.

Yes I think so. People without emphathy are generally referred to as sociopaths. 

I think it'd also be nice if the guy in charge of the nuclear missle codes for the US didn't let a crying baby get under his skin. That part probably concerns me a little more, lol. 

He's a very entertaining reality and unintentionally funny TV personality though, I'll give him that. 

He should have punched that baby line Will Ferrell did in that movie. Damn baby. Ironically, that baby is pro choice.

LivingMetal said:
Goatseye said:

of course they do. We're talking about a person who gets to be involved in the process of deciding things like war and political alliances, decisions that can cause or prevents civilian deaths and potentially help or damage the average person's quality of life.

Empathy is one of the most important things a leader can have. Also think about the paradox of your question to begin with- the PEOPLE elect a President because they (generally speaking) believe that that person will make the best decisions FOR them. If a leader is elected who does not genuinely empathize or care about what the average American is going through, their strifes, their difficulties- then how on Earth can they properly priortize and help make good decisions for the populace as a whole?

sure the Justice System and Congress work hand in hand to serve the people but the Executive Office is the public face of America really- they need to be concerned about things like single parents out their with babies. Empathy is key. I mean unless you're suggesting that something like a perfectly programmed robot that just calculates the best decisions for people would be a good President. Regardless, the disturbing thing about Trump is that he seems to lack much empathy YET is quite emotional. Not such a great combination, a hothead concerned primarily with their own interests rather than the American people's interest.

Not that that should come as shocker- he's a billionare businessman who's lived a life with one question constantly in mind "how can I make more money off of people?"