By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Flop that Keeps on Giving: Ghostbusters Game Developer files for Bankruptcy

The game developer Fireforge behind the movie-tie in filed for Chapter 7 Bankurptcy (The more common form of Bankurptcy). Continuing the trend of this franchise being poorly revived. (not to be confused with good Ghostbusters game from 2008). Now I know movie tie ins are generally awful, but they usually don't result in bankurptcy of a company (at least not till the twenty or so bad games in a row).  

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/01/ghostbusters-game-developer-files-for-bankruptcy

Around the Network

I watched the review angry joe did, I never played it myself but after watching that review, and them shooting flying books in a small game that was repetative and broken and didn't seem to have anything fun in it, I am not suprised.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Nothing of value seems to be lost...

Maybe they should have made a better game, instead of hopeing the success of the movie would carry their arses.

Wait, there was a good ghostbusters game???

Wow. Never thought that was possible

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters:_The_Video_Game

I use the word good, not great. A lot of people view it as ghostbusters III that never happened. 

hershel_layton said:

The 7th gen Ghostbusters game and 'The New Ghostbusters 2' NES game (JP/EU only) were good.

The only thing shocking about this is that they actually spent enough money on that game to manage to put themselves in that position, some Scary bad financial choices going on to lead to that, what did they spend the cash on?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Surprised they actually pumped enough money into the game to lead them into said bankruptcy...

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

That game looks really cheap, I am surprise it drove a company into such a position. Maybe they were already going south anyways

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.