By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I believe Apple should buy Nintendo.

barneystinson69 said:

HAHAHAHA!!!! They'd make the consoles 600$ with garbage specs. I expect about as much success as the Pippin, ever heard of it? 

Nintendo makes consoles with garbage specs anyways. It would just be more expensive. 

Around the Network

I don't think they should buy them.

But in the worst case scenario. If Nintendo was forced out of hardware (And thus I would have to never buy a console again) Then I think they should becme an Apple second party. Because they both have similar hardware philosophies. And Apple computers would become more competitive to PCs for gaming.

Also it would be a big "fuck you!" to all the "I wanna play Nintendo games on my PS/Xbox/whatever" people. One which they rightfully deserve.

I LOVE ICELAND!

The problem with buying a company the size of Nintendo, is the restructuring is a pain for the companies to deal with. Also they wouldn't ever buy NIntendo :P

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Boy, what an awful scenario.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Can't see why anyone who plays video games would want Nintendo to be bought by anyone, especially at a time in which Nintendo seems to be on an incline. A resurgence for Pokemon, NX on the way and sounding damn fine, Zelda Breath of the Wild looking to be a masterpiece, an already successful venture into the mobile market with all signs pointing towards increased success, etc. Nintendo is in pretty good shape.

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
Can't see why anyone who plays video games would want Nintendo to be bought by anyone, especially at a time in which Nintendo seems to be on an incline. A resurgence for Pokemon, NX on the way and sounding damn fine, Zelda Breath of the Wild looking to be a masterpiece, an already successful venture into the mobile market with all signs pointing towards increased success, etc. Nintendo is in pretty good shape.

That's the spirit! Don't let the optimism shake your foundations. :P

With that said...

Pokemon isn't owned by Nintendo.

Zelda will be launching on the WiiU which hasn't gained any traction at all... Nor do we know if the NX will gain any traction either, plus the WiiU is 100% proof that lots of exclusives don't sell consoles anyway, regardless of how good they might be. :P

NX is on it's way, but current pointers are pointing it to be another device which is underpowered relative to the competition and with it trying to sell itself on a gimmick, again.

Mobile devices are in decline (3DS isn't doing as well as prior handhelds.)

I'll reserve judgement for now about Nintendo's future success... But don't get me wrong, I want them to do well, competition is a good thing not just for the consumer, but for the entire industry... I just can't see it at the moment.

You just can't use Pokemon Go as a pointer to Nintendo's future success I am afraid, Pokemon has always been big and also transcends video games with it having a TV series, playable cards, toys, movies... Everything... Something other Nintendo franchises (Heck, most games in general) don't have.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

That's the spirit! Don't let the optimism shake your foundations. :P

With that said...

Pokemon isn't owned by Nintendo.

Zelda will be launching on the WiiU which hasn't gained any traction at all... Nor do we know if the NX will gain any traction either, plus the WiiU is 100% proof that lots of exclusives don't sell consoles anyway, regardless of how good they might be. :P

NX is on it's way, but current pointers are pointing it to be another device which is underpowered relative to the competition and with it trying to sell itself on a gimmick, again.

Mobile devices are in decline (3DS isn't doing as well as prior handhelds.)

I'll reserve judgement for now about Nintendo's future success... But don't get me wrong, I want them to do well, competition is a good thing not just for the consumer, but for the entire industry... I just can't see it at the moment.

You just can't use Pokemon Go as a pointer to Nintendo's future success I am afraid, Pokemon has always been big and also transcends video games with it having a TV series, playable cards, toys, movies... Everything... Something other Nintendo franchises (Heck, most games in general) don't have.

First of all, I know nothing about Nintendo's involvement with Pokemon in terms of ownership, part ownership, or whatever, all I know is that the 3DS Pokemon games, due to Pokemon Go, has had double and triple digit increases on Media Create and the UK charts, along with, even towards the very end of the 3DS's life, and despite there being two other mainline Pokemon games already released on the system, Pokemon Sun and Moon is looking to be the best selling Pokemon game in many years. With that said, the surge in popularity that Pokemon is experiencing will not only drive further sales of the 3DS, but will most likely increase sales of other Pokemon games released in the future, whether they are mainline or not. 

I didn't mention Zelda as if that was going to help Nintendo or the Wii U, because that would just be an idiotic thing for me to say. I simply mentioned it because that game proves that Nintendo still has that drive to make amazing games, which I am very happy about.

bluedawgs said:

First of all, I know nothing about Nintendo's involvement with Pokemon in terms of ownership, part ownership, or whatever, all I know is that the 3DS Pokemon games, due to Pokemon Go, has had double and triple digit increases on Media Create and the UK charts, along with, even towards the very end of the 3DS's life, and despite there being two other mainline Pokemon games already released on the system, Pokemon Sun and Moon is looking to be the best selling Pokemon game in many years. With that said, the surge in popularity that Pokemon is experiencing will not only drive further sales of the 3DS, but will most likely increase sales of other Pokemon games released in the future, whether they are mainline or not. 

I didn't mention Zelda as if that was going to help Nintendo or the Wii U, because that would just be an idiotic thing for me to say. I simply mentioned it because that game proves that Nintendo still has that drive to make amazing games, which I am very happy about.

I don't doubt that Pokemon will have a resurgence and help drive software and games.
But it's mostly being driven by a more casual-based Audience right now... And we saw how that boom wen't with the Wii with casuals snapping up that console... And then how quickly it fizzled after.

The real test is to see how things play out months from now.

Nintendo has always made amazing games, that's not up for dispute.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Nah. Nintendo would be better off going 3rd party. Sure they won't control the HW, but they'll still have 100% control over their games. Even if they don't go 3rd party on consoles, they definitely could have a future in mobile gaming.

No. Just... hell no. I ain't playing their main games on touch pads and smartphones.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread