By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I believe Apple should buy Nintendo.

A) I don't see why that would be a good deal for Apple. What would be the point? Nintendo is small time in comparison, even assuming they turn their fortunes around. I can't see them having any interest in home consoles or, especially, handheld consoles.

B) I doubt this would be good for Nintendo fans, unless they're ready to switch to mobile.

Around the Network

I rather they make electric cars thus enter the automotive industry.

Proud to be a Californian.

Ka-pi96 said:
Snoopy said:

Edit: Also, 20 billion is probably nothing for Apple to spend their money on.

20 billion? Because that's what Nintendo's current market cap is? Yeah, I don't see that happening. I doubt there's been a single case where a hostile takeover has been done at the current share price. Apple just being linked with a buyout, let alone actually trying one, would probably push the share price up quite a bit. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it cost 40 billion or more to complete the deal.

As for whether it would be worth it... I sincerely doubt it. I can't see having Nintendo games on iOS doing much for it. You'd assume the majority of people who want an iphone/ipad already have one and if they don't have one I don't see why Nintendo games alone would persuade them. Besides, there's probably a fair few Nintendo fans who already have one either so even if they all did follow Nintendo wherever they went that wouldn't be much of a boost either.

I can't see Nintendo hardware getting any better under Apple, just getting more expensive. So I doubt that would sell much more than it currently does. And as for their software... well some people think Nintendo games would turn to crap if they made it for other platforms, although I give Nintendo more credit as a developer than that, but with Apple calling the shots it may well end up with a decline in quality.

Yeah it would be $40 billion minimum. Nintendo's stock price is still trading much higher today than it was 3-4 years ago, and if they have more successful mobile games, that price is likely to jump again. 

Apple's largest acquistion I believe was for Beats Headphones for $3 billion ... even though Apple is swimming in money, a $40 billion investment is monstrous. 

Not a very good idea, I feel like the price of things would skyrocket, and the quality of their games would severely decline under Apple imo

Lolll Hell no. I don't want to pay for a $600 console with Nes graphics

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Heavily overpriced hardware, the most zealous and crazy fans in the world, 3rd party killing royalty fees, hermetically sealed ecosystem and software portals and with piss poor specs? No thanks, I'd rather Nintendo call their own shots.

oh lord.

Not Apple but Disney. Disney would benefit the most and we would see Nintendo TV shows, theme parks, toys, movies...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

But Nintendo would be a much smaller company than they are now and they would need to bundle a controller with every iPad

You are Peanuts, Snoopy.

Apple will buy Sony.