By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are Sony first and second party studios working on?

ihh said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Can't wait for the new Hot Shots Golf. It's one of the few sports games, that i can seem to play forever.

Me too. I´m a little bummed that it seems they are focusing too much on multiplayer and I only play offline.

What I really want though is a Tennis expansion with a story mode similar to the PS2 game. Damn best sports single player I ever played.

I'm almost always a single player as well. I could see myself maybe playing some HSG online though. I couldn't get into HS Tennis, too much, but i'd be willing to give it another shot, if they included it.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I've never played any Hot Shots Golf games. Are they good? How do they play?

They're made for people of all ages, and skill levels. They're one of the very few sports games that i always have fun playing. As for how do they play, what do u mean?

Is it an arcade-y sports game like Mario Golf? If so I'm very interested. What's the campaign like? Local multiplayer? Mini-games? Should I start with the PS1 games?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

They're made for people of all ages, and skill levels. They're one of the very few sports games that i always have fun playing. As for how do they play, what do u mean?

Is it an arcade-y sports game like Mario Golf? If so I'm very interested. What's the campaign like? Local multiplayer? Mini-games? Should I start with the PS1 games?

More arcadey and just fun, unlike Tiger Woods in the past, or The Golf Club. Campaign for each golfer, to boost stats and make it possible to use other clubs and outfits and such. There was local multiplayer in the past, not sure about how the new one will be for local. Supposedly the new one will have some mini games. There's no need to start from the beginning, unless you want to see how it progressively got better and better.

Pretty sure that Naughty Dog is developing The Last of Us 2. But they are also working on a new IP.
Same thing with Sucker Punch. They are working on a new InFamous project and on a new IP.
Santa Monica is probably working on Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale 2 next to God of War PS4 and Guerialla Cambridge is probably working on a new Killzone game next to RIGS.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

More arcadey and just fun, unlike Tiger Woods in the past, or The Golf Club. Campaign for each golfer, to boost stats and make it possible to use other clubs and outfits and such. There was local multiplayer in the past, not sure about how the new one will be for local. Supposedly the new one will have some mini games. There's no need to start from the beginning, unless you want to see how it progressively got better and better.

Thanks!

Around the Network

My guesses in terms of 1st party, only unannounced

1. Japan Studio - JRPG, Bloodborne 2
  2. Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7
  3. Naughty Dog - Uncharted 4 DLC, The Last of Us 2
  4. San Diego - MLB The Show 17,  f2p games
  5. Sucker Punch - new IP (RIP inFAMOUS, I'll miss you)
  6. PixelOpus - small indie-like game
  7. Guerrilla Cambridge - Killzone sequel or reboot
  8. London Studio - bunch of smaller VR games
  9. North West Studio - big VR game

I enjoyed infamous but would love to see Sucker Punch working on a new IP

i just hope for Bloodborne 2

It's crazy the amount of projects Sony is working on. They're a super addition to gaming for sure.

Personally I'd be hyped for a killzone by Cambridge. I loved what they did with mercenary.

And hyped for uncharted 4 single player too. Hopefully it's out before next March.

Can't wait until Naughty Dog unveils Last of Us 2 - probably a cinematic trailer at next year'so E3. Sucker Punch should be unveiling their next game then too - and although they aren't a 1st party studio - hopefully From Software announces Bloodborne 2.