By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are Sony first and second party studios working on?

Clap Hanz is making New Hot Shots Golf

Wild Sheep is working on WiLD

Around the Network
ihh said:

Can't wait for the new Hot Shots Golf. It's one of the few sports games, that i can seem to play forever.

Very likely that japan studio is working together with media.vision on the next wild arms, tgs will tell

I'm most curious about Sucker Punch. Infamous Second Son came out over 2 years ago (and was announced 1 year prior) and First Light about 2 years ago so their next project can't be too far away. I would be interested in more Infamous although they'd have to take it in a new direction but a new IP is what I hope for. I'm expecting something at the PlayStation Experience in December.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
ihh said:

Can't wait for the new Hot Shots Golf. It's one of the few sports games, that i can seem to play forever.

Me too. I´m a little bummed that it seems they are focusing too much on multiplayer and I only play offline.

What I really want though is a Tennis expansion with a story mode similar to the PS2 game. Damn best sports single player I ever played.

Around the Network
ihh said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Me too. I´m a little bummed that it seems they are focusing too much on multiplayer and I only play offline.

What I really want though is a Tennis expansion with a story mode similar to the PS2 game. Damn best sports single player I ever played.

I've never played any Hot Shots Golf games. Are they good? How do they play?

Masterpieces

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Japan: Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian (Developed with GenDesign), The Tomorrow Children (developed with Q-Games), Playroom VR and Deep Down (Developed with Capcom).
They have over 400 staff and are rumoured to have a big open world Final Fantasy style action RPG in development besides the games we know about.

Polyphony Digital: Gran Turismo Sport.

Bend Studio: Days Gone.

Foster City Studio: Responsible for overseeing 1st party games developed by external partners.

Naughty Dog: Just finished Uncharted 4 in May, I believe they’re confirmed to be working on U4 DLC, but have also expanded their workforce to over 300 people prior to Uncharted 4 shipping. The nature of their second PS4 game is unknown.

North West Studio: New 1st party studio dedicated to developing VR games, nothing is known about any titles they could be working on.

San Diego: Just launched Kill Strain as a free to play game, also constantly work on MLB and they are helping David Jaffe’s indie studio work on Drawn 2 Death.

Santa Monica: Working on a new God of War set in Norse mythology, also working Bound (developed with Plastic Studios), Here They Lie (developed with Tangentlemen) and The Modern Zombie Taxi Co (developed with VITEI Backroom).

SIE San Mateo: Overseeing externally developed 1st party games like Spiderman and Farpoint.

Sucker Punch Productions: Known to be working on a new PS4 game, the KFG interview between Colin Moriarty and Scott Rhode made it sound like they’re working on a new IP, but they could be developing a new Infamous game.

London Studio: VR Worlds confirmed for PS VR, they’re big studio of 300 people so could be working on multiple unconfirmed things for PS4 or PSVR besides VR Worlds.

Guerrilla Games: Horizon Zero Dawn.

Guerrilla Cambridge: RIGS.

Media Molecule: Dreams.

Pixel Opus: Unknown, their last game was Entwined which was released in July 2014.

That’s everything 1st party that I could find.

Second Party:
Insomniac Games recently finished Ratchet & Clank and another huge team working there has been working on the new Spidey game since Sunset Overdrive shipped.

Ready at Dawn: Released The Order 1886 in Feb 2015, they have announced a multiplat game called De-Formers, I believe they have confirmed they’re working on other things.

From Software: Released Bloodborne in May 2015 and Dark Souls 3 March/April 2016, rumoured to have at least one PS4 exclusive in the works.

Supermassive Games: Released Until Dawn for PS4 in August 2015, they have Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Tumble VR releasing for PSVR, confirmed they’re interested in working on more than just PS4 in the future.

Housemarque: Released Alienation in April 2016, developing MatterFall for PS4, making Super Stardust for PSVR.

Quantic Dream: Developing Detroit as a PS4 exclusive.

Level-5: Developing Ni-No-Kuni 2.

Platinum Games: Developing Nier Automata.

Kojima Productions: Death Stranding.

They are working in video game software and other related products.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
ihh said:

I've never played any Hot Shots Golf games. Are they good? How do they play?

They're made for people of all ages, and skill levels. They're one of the very few sports games that i always have fun playing. As for how do they play, what do u mean?