By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon GO estimated to be generating $10 million every day

Well if Nintendo is said to have invested in Niantic and Pokemon Company, they're at least getting 1 mil a day. That's theoretically 365 Million a year and Nintendo doesn't have to do a thing but release Go Plus. Great move Nintendo! Niantic and Google and Apple are really loving this I'd imagine.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
JetSetter said:
Niantic and TPC sure are getting alot of money out of this. Nintendo also to a much more minor degree.

Wonder if the game will get some healthy bumps when updates come out?

Nintendo is getting more money than Creatures and Gamefreak that's for sure, cause they get money independently and via the pokemon company. I wonder how successful is going to be the pokemon plus accessory, Nintendo is making that stuff too. I wonder if the NX will have a pokemon go deluxe edition or something like that!

Exactly! People tend to forget that Nintendo owns part of The Pokémon Company and Niantic so they're earning money directly and indirectly, and Pokémon Go is pushing the sales of other Pokémon games on 3DS as well so Nintendo is making more profit from this than some people realize...

mountaindewslave said:

wow if that were to maintain that would be a LOTTT more revenue for the Pokemon Company... hopefully this compels them to finally get on their game with releasing home console Pokemon games. its ridiculous that we haven't seen any newer Pokemon Stadium games or even a Pokemon Open world sort of game. The NX needs something like that. whats even more frustrating to me is that a home console Pokemon game pulls in a LOT of casual fans. there's no excuse for not having a solid Pokemon home console game (and, no, Pokken Fighters of course doesn't count because that does not connect to the core Pokemon fans in terms of game type). rant over, sorry

Well if NX is the result of fusing Nintendo's console and handheld products, it's only a matter of time.

Roderic_Blackwood said:
onionberry said:

Nintendo is getting more money than Creatures and Gamefreak that's for sure, cause they get money independently and via the pokemon company. I wonder how successful is going to be the pokemon plus accessory, Nintendo is making that stuff too. I wonder if the NX will have a pokemon go deluxe edition or something like that!

Exactly! People tend to forget that Nintendo owns part of The Pokémon Company and Niantic so they're earning money directly and indirectly, and Pokémon Go is pushing the sales of other Pokémon games on 3DS as well so Nintendo is making more profit from this than some people realize...

yeah complicated stuff, it's fantastic for the future of the brand either way.

Great news! Kinda funny that they found a blue ocean in the mobile market.

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

wow if that were to maintain that would be a LOTTT more revenue for the Pokemon Company... hopefully this compels them to finally get on their game with releasing home console Pokemon games. its ridiculous that we haven't seen any newer Pokemon Stadium games or even a Pokemon Open world sort of game. The NX needs something like that. whats even more frustrating to me is that a home console Pokemon game pulls in a LOT of casual fans. there's no excuse for not having a solid Pokemon home console game (and, no, Pokken Fighters of course doesn't count because that does not connect to the core Pokemon fans in terms of game type). rant over, sorry

But people have been begging for a fighting pokemon game for a while. Personally, I liked both stadium and pokken

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

The fact that people spend hundreds- thousands for things they won't be able to touch or enjoy after they are tired of it, it's like Trading physical value for temporary mental enjoyment puzzles me completely.
It's not like this game will be fun forever and it's sure not Worth 1000$ lifetime no matter how you look at it but this is why Human products are more profitable then selling products for a living

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

spurgeonryan said:
So nearly a billion a month including the boost it has given other pokemon games and merch.

So Nintendo should make 500 million next month alone? That number is including all the boost it got to its other pokemon items that niantic has no part in.

Don't take the $10 million daily rev. as being the same every day. 

It was much lower when the game was just in a few countries and has grown gradually. 

It also varies even now. 

So expecting this game to generate $1 billion in 1 month is ridiculous. Probably generated closer to $100m in July. 

Also, Nintendo won't see a huge share of this. Certainly no where near to 50%. Remember, this is Gross Revenue, not Net. 

ZhugeEX said:

Also, Nintendo won't see a huge share of this. Certainly no where near to 50%. Remember, this is Gross Revenue, not Net. 

Nintendo did create a seperate revenue reporting section for this (Consolidated Sales, Pg6: Smart Devices, IP Related Income, etc.), though, otherwise it would have just remained under Equity gains where we'd have had a hard time figuring anything out (and wouldn't count for their Quarterly Forecasts/Expectations and Earnings). We may be able to suss out their exact gains from this next quarter report.

It won't be a small sum with their Trademark cut, largest share of TPC, and so on, but its not going to be many hundreds of millions that's for sure.

But they'll probably gain far more from the surge across the world on Pokemon properties, particularly the games and the boost to hardware, and the large mindshare boost for Sun&Moon.

I read that other estimations put it at 16-20M which if true is just crazy...