By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Longest time spent on a muliplayer/online shooter? ...on a single account.

Absolutely no idea, most online shooters or games for that matter didnt track time when I played. Quake World got a ton of hours, CS beta 4 got it as well. As of lately I have crammed in 50+ hours on Overwatch on PC at least.

As for overall on multiplayer it's without a doubt WC3:TFT. Played it competively from 2002-2010. Theres thousands of hours right there.

Around the Network

Nearly 1500 hours in Team Fortress 2.

Ever since that pretty abysmal Meet Your Match update, a pretty bad experience with competitive TF2 that left a permanent taste in my mouth, and the fact that Overwatch exists, I highly doubt I'm touching that game ever again.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Team Fortress 2? I don't play that much online shooter.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No idea either. Most played online for me was Unreal Tournament. However that play time is still dwarfed in comparison to Half-Life Death match in Lan. We played that almost daily at the end of the workday for years. Custom maps, custom rules, even a grappling hook mod and our own office building map (made by one of us) Best multiplayer game ever.

I'm at about 20 days on the division... In the ballpark of 480 hours so far. I honestly don't see myself sinking much more time in though, just gotta find something to replace that PVP itch

edit: the first gears trilogy I've sank significant amounts of my life in to as well. Gotta be a few hundred hours between 1-3

Around the Network

I think 117 hours on Call of Duty: World at War on the Wii, but I might pass that with Overwatch if things continue the way they've been going for the past few weeks.

I had a little over 10 full days on CoD black ops 1 multiplayer, so over 240 hours.

Edit: Modern Warfare 4 OP? Do you mean CoD 4 Modern Warfare?

Maybe Halo 3? I played that a lot with my friends online. I donno, I much prefer local multiplayer shooters.

I'm about in the 30 hours range with Overwatch, it should continue to go up for many months.

Signature goes here!

I remember I played Quake death match from 1997 to 2000, and then played Quake 3 arena from 2000 to 2003. I stopped playing Quake 3 arena for break time until i saw some kids playing counter-strike and Half-Life death match in the cafe, so... I jumped in lol played them for like a year until Half-Life 2 came out then I hoped in Half-Life 2/Counter-Strike Source played them just about 2 years. Ahh good time.