By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3000 pokemon trainers break record in Madrid

Congratulations, spanish friends!!

I hope it comes to Brazil soon, so we can have fun too!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Kill those complexes, they are toxic for yourself

And have people look down on me just for some meaningless principle? No thanks lol

Dude the way you go about this has you looking down on others. It's like you're the rich dude with the fancy yacht and looking at those people by the local pier and scoffing at them for not being of your caliber and riches, it's honestly never a healthy outlook and it's quite toxic and vile to look at. Even from rich people or those who think they are gods gift to women who feel sorry for people not packed as they are, all those types of behaviors and outlooks are toxic.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And getting out of their homes to play and making relations with other adult people, so naif. Is cute.

Why leave house when he can stay home trash talking people that is having fun outside . Isnt staying at home spewing hate more fun !!! Its hilarious he call them nerds when he is commenting about them in a gaming forum with a ELders scrolls sign.

I am starting to think slimebeast makes these comments to try to upset people, what a edgelord this guy became, i dont remenber him in the past like that, its sad.

It is not only about gaming aswell.

Slimebeast said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Kill those complexes, they are toxic for yourself

And have people look down on me just for some meaningless principle? No thanks lol

If you think there's a good reason they're looking down on you, you might want to reconsider what you're doing so you don't have to worry about them looking down on you anymore. And if there's no good reason for them to look down on you, you should stop caring about what they think.

Ljink96 said:
The amount people who are sour about the game's success is astounding. So salty.

Anyway, this is insane. I mean, I think it's safe to assume that this is even somehow a BIGGER phenomenon than that of the original games. Too bad Nintendo didn't develop this themselves. They'd be on cloud 9 if they did and the servers probably wouldn't be so fried. Congrats to Niantic and Nintendo/Pokemon Company! Now get Gen 2 fired up!

seriously,  Pokemon Go is undoublty the best mobile game to date, so interactive and social that actually takes you off the screen

some people always see the negative side no matter what, and these pictures are trending, which is pathetic, I mean seriously!? what does Pokemon have to do with what's happening in Syria? and they say we are being controlled like zombies... wait, what!? it's a game goddammit, if you like it you play, if not, you don't, this is bullshit

I feel the same, Nintendo obviously didn't predict the game's success, sure they could get more involved, still, I believe they got the upper hand, I don't think Niantic is worth much without Pokemon, and they have in investment in Niantic anyway, hopefully they won't mess up, cause they can benefit much more since there are tons of Pokemon left and possibilities for expansion

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Ljink96 said:
The amount people who are sour about the game's success is astounding. So salty.

Anyway, this is insane. I mean, I think it's safe to assume that this is even somehow a BIGGER phenomenon than that of the original games. Too bad Nintendo didn't develop this themselves. They'd be on cloud 9 if they did and the servers probably wouldn't be so fried. Congrats to Niantic and Nintendo/Pokemon Company! Now get Gen 2 fired up!

seriously,  Pokemon Go is undoublty the best mobile game to date, so interactive and social that actually takes you off the screen

some people always see the negative side no matter what, and these pictures are trending, which is pathetic, I mean seriously!? what does Pokemon have to do with what's happening in Syria? and they say we are being controlled like zombies... wait, what!? it's a game goddammit, if you like it you play, if not, you don't, this is bullshit

I feel the same, Nintendo obviously didn't predict the game's success, sure they could get more involved, still, I believe they got the upper hand, I don't think Niantic is worth much without Pokemon, and they have in investment in Niantic anyway, hopefully they won't mess up, cause they can benefit much more since there are tons of Pokemon left and possibilities for expansion

Agreed! I mean, in regards to the bolded text for example. I don't like Grand Theft Auto 5. But I can't sit there and downplay its success just because it's successful and fans of the series are sitting in their rooms playing it. I said congratulations to GTAV and what it has done for the gaming industry and it has given off a positive increase in the gaming industry.

But to get back on track, it's sad that people just can't accept others and their likes. I guess it's an American thing. And you're right, Niantic wouldn't be in the news if it weren't for Pokemon as an IP. They had another game just like Pokemon Go, Ingress, that hasn't reached anywhere near the success of Pokemon Go because of the IP. Which is why Nintendo should have done this themselves but I guess they didn't have the staff or know how I guess to accomplish such a title. And Niantic could just re-skin Ingress and have a winner.

Zkuq said:
Slimebeast said:

If you think there's a good reason they're looking down on you, you might want to reconsider what you're doing so you don't have to worry about them looking down on you anymore. And if there's no good reason for them to look down on you, you should stop caring about what they think.

I do not know if there is good reason or not, I honestly don't. In one way I'm a pathetic being for being so fanatical about video games, in another way I totally stand for it. I do not know the truth.

But I do know that in some contexts, like my work or really in almost any social context people don't think positively of you if they find out you are passionate about video games (assuming you are over 20 years old). Ofc I can say from time to time "I like to play video games" and that's not a big deal, but if I would admit anything close to the real scope of my hobby, they would definitely look down on me.

It's just the way it is. What can I do about it? I'm not on a mission to change people on this matter or fight for the righteous thing. I just adapt and keep a low profile. I'm sure the majority of gamers do this too.