By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3000 pokemon trainers break record in Madrid

What Pokemon was it? Why was this not announced anywhere?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Slimebeast said:
I think it all looks so childish. Adult people running the streets catching imaginary animals.

And getting out of their homes to play and making relations with other adult people, so naif. Is cute.

That's cool, but under what circumstances? Isn't it a bit sad that we get these gamer guys to meet each other only as a consequence of such a weird activity? To me it seems artificial and a bit sad.

Slimebeast said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And getting out of their homes to play and making relations with other adult people, so naif. Is cute.

That's cool, but under what circumstances? Isn't it a bit sad that we get these gamer guys to meet each other only as a consequence of such a weird activity? To me it seems artificial and a bit sad.

It was better when nerds were socially awkwards ugly guys hiding in their mother's basement, amirite?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I heard that this weekend one of this events will be held in Rome at the Colosseum with the collaboration of Pokémon Millennium (the biggest Pokémon website in Italy) and Nintendo themselves !

Slimebeast said:
konnichiwa said:

^
|
|
Real animal though

Can your "real animal" use thunderbolt? Can it evolve into a Mightyena? Can it fit in a Pokeball? Ha! Didn't think so.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Slimebeast said:

It was better when nerds were socially awkwards ugly guys hiding in their mother's basement, amirite?

No. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still a bit laughable. And now the whole world can see it.

I do think it's cool that a game can have this powerful effect on people, and we're talking people that rufly share the same interest in life as I do, but I still feel that it's a phenomenon that is ridiculous and childish. I'm just stating the obvious. There are two sides to this.

Slimebeast said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Not really, I think is fantastic that a game is able to make that.

I just wonder... what will happen when this little piece of software launches in my country....
Some people say it will be in 31/07. There´s lots of pokemon fans here.
Some friends are already planning meetings on G+....

When they launch updates with new pokemon and trade between players, this trend will only grow more and more

1) What pokemon was it? Surprised it wasn't mentioned

2) For those being salty, just don't play the game. Jeez. Complaining about something nonstop is a waste of time. It makes you look petty and childish. Just move on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Slimebeast said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Dude, you're on a gaming forum and play Elder Scrolls.