By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Righteous, Neutral or Malevolent - what's your gaming choice?

I almost always go Righteous at first. That's because, first, it's easier for me to fall into that role but, more importantly, there is usually more content. Often quests get closed off when you play Malevolent. I save that for subsequent runs.

That being said, games that really flesh out the other perspectives, like BioWare's Star Wars MMO, can be a lot of fun. Playing completely evil Sith was a blast. I also enjoyed kind-of-good Sith and for-the-money Bounty Hunter.

Around the Network

Righteous. I've accepted I'm LnG. (Lawful Good, with tendencies towards Neutral Good.) Occasionally though I'll crank up the pettiness in games to spite some particularly maligned sprites & polygons.

I'm always on the good side. For example in Deus Ex: HR, I enoy playing sneaky and knocking guards off much, much more than killing everyone.

I have to save the world. Anything below that is just not worth it.

Mostly good, though I've yet to see a game that rewards me as much as being an asshole to everyone and killing anyone I want. I still haven't come across a game that rewards me for doing the complete opposite of what most of us have done in gaming or do on a regular basis. We may get a few rewards here and there and some nifty little cinematic endings, but I'm talking about actual rewards as in I get people in the game treating me the same as I would be if I were the good guy, of course that wouldn't happen because nearly all NPC's you're meant to save or not do bad things to would instantly scowl and fear you as programmed. I've yet to find a raider in Fallout 4 for example that compliments me for killing some random trader down the road and then befriending me, inviting me into his raider gang, but instead we get typical good guy factions with set personalities and enemies who are also good guys (most of the time) that you end up fighting.

Sometimes in life you can be an asshole and get away with it, sometimes if you are loaded with so much money that being an asshole can get you by with money being a way to remove some consequences, not many games allow for such a method as that (unless you count paying off bounties on your head which has been a thing for years with some games and hasn't really evolved since).

With all that mentioned above I end up choosing being the good guy because 1) I want to help people and 2) the reasons mentioned above is why I hardly even bother being bad.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I typically chose the good side, unless the evil side seems more natural, which isn't often.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

I play it every which way I can sooner or later, but on my first playthrough its usually mixed because I just make choices that I feel I would make if it were really me in that situation.

That aside though, being bad is way more fun than being good lol

I never seem to play the bad guy in any game, most of the evil options in games are off-the-wall insane imo.

Chaotic Neutral. In games, I do whatever the hell I want to to, when I want to do it. I don't care about all those NPCs at all, they are just there for my personal entertainment. So sometimes I do good stuff in games with moral choices, sometimes I do really bad stuff. But in any case I don't care if what I'm doing is considered good or bad, I just do it because I feel like it. Like killing some innnocent guy just because he is getting on my nerve. Or pushing someone from a high mountain, just because the ragdolls are so fun to watch!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I go for whatever I'd go for in real life, wich is neutral with a leaning to good, most of the time.

I'm slightly envious of people who can just go all out evil asshole, just explore how the game handles it and have a ball.
I usually can't bring myself to go the evil route and still have fun with it.