By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers (It also connects to your TV, and runs cartridges)

Random_Matt said:
Hope it runs android and has google play installed, don't see this being a massive seller otherwise. When was the last time you saw a kid with a 3DS, i only see phones and tablets.

I see teenagers with 3DSs.  Right about the kid thing though.

Around the Network
ABTR said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216644&page=10#10

ABTR is always right about video games just i know everything

Nothing suggests NX is a cell phone.

Wow, FINALLY some news about this damn console! I guess it's not to far off from what many of us have imagined... A portable with a docking station. What I'm not getting is how the controllers are attached to the side of the handheld? Or did I read that wrong? Wouldn't that make for a pretty big portable console if you have 2 controllers attached to the sides of it?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

AZWification said:

I'm very, very sorry.  I should have said " Most of those who play games like CoD and Witcher would never touch a  Nintendo console".  Better?

Even better: "Real gamerz don't play kiddie console."

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Looks awesome to me :)
In any case, no matter what Nintendo is coming with; it will be a day 1 buy for me like all of their consoles in the past!

Around the Network

Here's where I don't agree with the rumor. NX is supposed to be a NEW idea that they're keeping secret from competitors when...um...this is essentially what PSVita+VitaTV is. This isn't new technology. I'm not falling for this one. It sounds great but does it sound new, or would they have a reason to hide 4 year old technology? I doubt it.

Sounds like an idea that was never done before. I like it a lot! Nintendo always a step ahead of the other console manufacturers.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Nuvendil said:
This would be a heck of a lot more plausible if not for Pokemon Sun and Moon. That's the big holiday earner for Nintendo and I absolutelu do not see them destroying the hype by announcing that the 3DS successor is coming out mere months after Sun and Moon.  

Pokemon Black and White release dates (Start of Gen 5 Pokemon)

Japan September 18, 2010
North America March 6, 2011
Europe March 4, 2011

3DS Release dates (DS successor)

On top of that Black and White 2 released for DS too at an even later date.

As much as I hate them doing it thats not going to stop them.

Can this be true? Detachable controller? That doesn't sound very appealing.

The most common drawback of a hybrid is that it's seldom the best in either environment. That's what that description sounds like. Chunky for a handheld, bare-bones for a home console.

Well, Nintendomination in Japan will surely follow.

Do you guys think that the patents about adding devices onto each other to add power will turn out to be the case for this console? That would be super cool, AND it would mean it could compete with PS4 for graphical fidelity - especially if it also uses the power of dormant NX's over the internet.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.