By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country 3 is sadly underappreciated (In my opinion)

curl-6 said:
Oh I agree DKC2 is better, I just feel DKC3 is still a very good game in its own right. :P

I agree with you. There are 6 things I liked a lot about DKC3:

1) This

2) The varied environments.

3) The vehicles.

4) The bears and the different items you had to collect and give to each of them.

5) The secret ending with the banana birds.

6) The terryfing bosses. This thing... creepiest thing ever.

It had a lot of strenghts. I enjoyed it as much as you did.

Around the Network

Gotta agree to some degree. For me it's DKC2>DKC3>DKC. I feel DKC3 did a lot of things in the right way, it just wasn't too different to be particularly original when compared to its prequels.

Definitely agree. I don't understand the hate DKC3 gets. It's by far my favourite in the series.

I didn't like Kiddy Kong, however I liked his ability set and how differently he played to Trixie Kong. Really they should have had Trixie and Donkey Kong together instead.

The overworld was excellent and a big improvement, better than DKC2 and miles better than that of DKC.

Totally!

In fact it is my favorite game in the series. I think they perfected what could be improved upon compared to 1 and 2. Best franchise with more than one game on the SNES by a landslide.

It's a very good game, but certainly nowhere as good as the first two games. I would probably put it at around the same level as Returns.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Nope. DKC2 was amazing, and 3 was... not. It felt rushed and sloppy. I was such a huge fan, then I got DKC3 when it came out. I wasn't very happy. I finished it, and put it away. Never played it again.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Of course it's not a bad videogame, far from it.

But it's the worst, by far, DKC. After the stellar DKC2 it was a disappointment.

I totally agree. In fact I'd argue it's the best of the series. I love the adventure game elements: side-quests, secret areas, NPCs. It almost feels like part platformer, part action-adventure game - something I really appreciate. In that way I think it predicted Rare's evolution with Banjo, Donkey Kong, and Conker.

DKC2 is a tough act to follow...
Having said that, I actually think DKC3 is superior to DKC1...
The learning curve isn't as extreme as either of the first two games, but overall I would say the bosses are harder and the very hardest levels are up there with the very hardest levels of the first two...

Have a nice day...

BraLoD said:
I don't think so.
It's not that's a bad game, which I don't see it getting being called anyway, but it's really not on the same level as the first two.
It's reception is pretty much as it should be, imo.

i always thought these Donkey Kong games are overrated except for the original ones made by Miyamoto