By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman: The Killing Joke horrifyingly objectifies and victimizes Batgirl! SPOILERS!!!

OttoniBastos said:

I didn't watch the movie but based on what you described, it is a faithful adaptation of the source material,which btw,is a Graphic novel,which tends to be more mature, you shouldn't show that to your young daughter just because is a cartoon.

The entire opening was added. Which is a LOT of the part of were she is victimized and objectified. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
I am fairly sure this is quite close to the source material.

Some podcast I was listening to some time go talked about this. So I had to go and read about it. I was quite horrified.

The source material may be a little more violent? I rather not try and remember it, I was quite shocked by it.

The end yes. Not the entire intro before the Joker makes his appearance and where a LOT of the problems occur. I read The Killing Joke.

Seriously, this is an animation and a comic. Nothing here is objectifying women except in your head.

Have you ever watched anime? Stop taking everything like its meant to hurt a stereotype. It's a FANTASY story. It's not real.

Nem said:

Seriously, this is an animation and a comic. Nothing here is objectifying women except in your head.

Have you ever watched anime? Stop taking everything like its meant to hurt a stereotype. It's a FANTASY story. It's not real.

You are VERY wrong sir. The comic also doesn't objectify Batgirl. This movie however...

As long as its close to the source material and not something adde by the director, Im more than fine with it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
As long as its close to the source material and not something adde by the director, Im more than fine with it.

The director added a LOT actually. Most of Barbara Gordon's part at the beginning of the movie to be exact.

It's supposed to be brutal and mature. If you want something PC and safe, there are plenty of cartoons that stay in G territory.

pokoko said:
It's supposed to be brutal and mature. If you want something PC and safe, there are plenty of cartoons that stay in G territory.

You know, there are ways to be "brutal" and "mature" without straight up being disrespectful to a character. Under The Red Hood, or Robin Vs Teen Titans would be two fantastic examples.

Yeah, I hear they added quite a bit and ruined Batgirl.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Yeah, I hear they added quite a bit and ruined Batgirl.

Yeah, they got BLASTED at comic con about it.