By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinite Warfare Hate Is On The Rise- "Black Sky" Gameplay Video

arcaneguyver said:
IW doesn't look like it plays much different to previous games.

I think that's the problem.

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
I don't get it. IW doesn't look like it plays much different to previous games.
MTZehvor said:
deskpro2k3 said:

There are games with innovations, but turns out to not be fun. IW looks fun, and this is coming from someone that does not keep up with COD.

That might be a big part of why. If you don't follow CoD, this could look new and exciting to you. If you've been following the franchise for a while and played most of the recent games, this all looks like a very familiar song and dance that wasn't fun the first time through in Ghosts and probably won't be fun here either.

game has vehicular combat, seamless transition between space combat and boots-on-the-ground, zero g combat, and a campaign that lets you choose which missions to do, and side missions.

For a COD game, this looks new and fresh to me, and I like it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
arcaneguyver said:
I don't get it. IW doesn't look like it plays much different to previous games.
MTZehvor said:

That might be a big part of why. If you don't follow CoD, this could look new and exciting to you. If you've been following the franchise for a while and played most of the recent games, this all looks like a very familiar song and dance that wasn't fun the first time through in Ghosts and probably won't be fun here either.

game has vehicular combat, seamless transition between space combat and boots-on-the-ground, zero g combat, and a campaign that lets you choose which missions to do, and side missions.

Many COD games have vehicular combat. Ghosts had Zero G combat. Black Ops II had side missions.

curl-6 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Many COD games have vehicular combat. Ghosts had Zero G combat. Black Ops II had side missions.

not in a scope like this. In one trailer the guy popped open the fighter canopy, fought on the ship, and then raided inside the ship. it was all seamless, and I don't think we've seen it all yet.

Mar1217 said:
Cirio said:
Just remember that every dislike on a COD video on Youtube = a preorder for the game.

Well, the pre-orders are horrendus as of now if you compare it to BO3 so yeah .... it's gonna crash real hard this time :P

You really need to stop trusting the VGC pre-order chart :p

It's highly inaccurate.

Around the Network

Because the games are always the same. Just the setting changes. They are half assed, easily accessible games. FPS is the new platformer.

Seriously, if you hated CoD before, why like it now? It seems worse than ever.

deskpro2k3 said:
curl-6 said:

not in a scope like this. In one trailer the guy popped open the fighter canopy, fought on the ship, and then raided inside the ship. it was all seamless, and I don't think we've seen it all yet.

We haven't specifically seen somebody go from a fighter to a spaceship yet, but we have seen seamless transitions between fighter jet combat and boots on the ground in Black Ops II, and from the outside of a space station to the inside in Ghosts.

curl-6 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

We haven't specifically seen somebody go from a fighter to a spaceship yet, but we have seen seamless transitions between fighter jet combat and boots on the ground in Black Ops II, and from the outside of a space station to the inside in Ghosts.

Yes we have.

@ 3:07

deskpro2k3 said:
curl-6 said:

Yes we have.

@ 3:07

I meant in previous COD games. :P

Basically, we haven't seen this exact set of circumstances before now, but we have seen seamless transitions between vehicles and boots-on-ground before, as well as from external to internal environments in space. So these elements are not new.

The only Call of Duty that really deserves to be hated is Advanced Warfare , every other CoD has been a great game imo and I expect Infinite Warfare to continue that tradition.

Edit: Actually Ghosts was pretty trash too, so outside of AW and Ghosts the games have been good.