By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinite Warfare Hate Is On The Rise- "Black Sky" Gameplay Video

The game looks fun and interesting, to be honest, and I don't even care about multi-player titles. It's obvious to me that they tried to build some new experiences in there.

As far as the hate goes, it's because it's popular. No big deal, really, that's just the way it is. Many people who like other types of games like to attack it because ... uh, I'm not sure, really. Jealousy, maybe? Spite?

If not, they would just shrug and move on to something else. Apathy is the opposite of hate.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Many people who like other types of games like to attack it because ... uh, I'm not sure, really. Jealousy, maybe? Spite

There are many reasons why people attack CoD but jealousy isn't one of them.

sethnintendo said:
pokoko said:
Many people who like other types of games like to attack it because ... uh, I'm not sure, really. Jealousy, maybe? Spite

There are many reasons why people attack CoD but jealousy isn't one of them.

I disagree.  If this game was much less popular then you'd only see a fraction of the hate.  I certainly do not believe that every 'dislike' comes from legitimate fans of the franchise.

I don't get it. IW doesn't look like it plays much different to previous games.

The video for the remaster got a lot of positive feedback. I don't think it's just CoD haters, I think many CoD fans just didn't want one more futuristic CoD so that they want to show that this setting is not what they want with the down votes. They all vote the video for the remaster up to show that these kind of settings is what they really want.

It may be a good or a bad game but some fans are like "this should be another franchise and not CoD"

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
hershel_layton said:
it's because fans want a historical game. If they want a futuristic shooter they can play Halo or the dozens of other future shooter games.

in general, FPS feels very over saturated and bland. we need more innovation. Games like Splatoon are new and great to try out. Infinite Warfare is doing something that isn't anything new.

There are games with innovations, but turns out to not be fun. IW looks fun, and this is coming from someone that does not keep up with COD.

That might be a big part of why. If you don't follow CoD, this could look new and exciting to you. If you've been following the franchise for a while and played most of the recent games, this all looks like a very familiar song and dance that wasn't fun the first time through in Ghosts and probably won't be fun here either.

Why not? CoD established quite some bad bussiness practices, now they reap the hate. Seems fair to me

Just remember that every dislike on a COD video on Youtube = a preorder for the game.

zero129 said:
pokoko said:

I disagree.  If this game was much less popular then you'd only see a fraction of the hate.  I certainly do not believe that every 'dislike' comes from legitimate fans of the franchise.

Why then is the Remaser getting so much love?.

Could it be that fans really dont like the direction CoD has been going in and this one hits it home more then ever?.

Could it be that fans are pissed that Activsion wont listen to them?.

No i guess its easier to say its "Just a bunch of haters"...

You're telling me everyone who complains about CoD is actually a fan?  Bullshit.  Look at how many people on this forum complain about CoD while not even being fans of the series.  You believe everyone who gives a game a 0/10 on Metacritic is actually someone who owns the game, too?

I don't play COD but this change to future made me slightly interested.