By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Moderators- questions on non-gaming flaming

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=218785

Typically, the word libtard is used to refer to liberals with a negative connotation. Many words like it are typically used, but I don't see people get any response from moderators. Some examples are:

-libtard

-Republicunt

-feminazis 

-etc etc

When it comes to words like these, they are obviously used as a way to insult people(usually without an actual rebuttal for why they dislike the group). 

Now, would this be flaming? If so, would it result in a ban or warning? 

If this isn't considered flaming, why so?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Moderation for politics is more relaxed because currently there is no moderator who has notable interest in such topics. This doesn't mean that anything goes, so repeated usage of offending terms will eventually be moderated, provided it gets reported.

Will you dedicate yourself to moderate politic threads if when you become a mod? (Maybe thats your ticket in )

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
RolStoppable said:
Moderation for politics is more relaxed because currently there is no moderator who has notable interest in such topics. This doesn't mean that anything goes, so repeated usage of offending terms will eventually be moderated, provided it gets reported.

Will you dedicate yourself to moderate politic threads if when you become a mod? (Maybe thats your ticket in )

That'd be very welcome to be honest

RolStoppable said:

Yeah, more or less.

Things need to be dialed down though, would be really annoying if terms like "libtard" and "cuckservative" start to become common place around here. Not to point fingers at anybody @bold but from what I've seen there is generally a lack of reports from the politics section, for example the libtard thread has not been reported, until it's far too late or it's extremely offensive.

Not that it excuses lack of moderation in the politics section but that's the current state of affairs is at the moment.

FunFan said:
RolStoppable said:

I actually would.

I'd cut the stupidity off and make sure conversations go smoothly and without childish arguments. 

Look at my recent hillary thread. People disagreed with me and I accepted it without causing a riot or calling them anything dumb

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Who knows? I get moderated for calling a population fat, talking about sweet British desserts and wet cats.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Pretty much what Elise said. 

I probably give a bit more leeway towards the flaming of political opinions as long as users are able to back up their opinions, but it's true that broad insults and generalizations are unacceptable. 

When in doubt, use the report button. It doesn't hurt anyone. And if something is so obvious you think we would have to see it, report that anyway. I know I personally don't go through every thread here, so there's always the chance we missed something.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

RolStoppable said:
FunFan said:

My campaign for modship will be built around getting Miguel_Zorro fired. I know it from PMs that that is something that the fine folks of VGC want.

I think you'd be a fine moderator.

RolStoppable said:
FunFan said:

My campaign for modship will be built around getting Miguel_Zorro fired. I know it from PMs that that is something that the fine folks of VGC want.

Interesting...

I wouldn't mind having more leeway with my grammer, either.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

If you flame against anything that's not a user on this site or one of the 3 console manufacturers you can say whatever you want. It's the rules.

"EA is the shittiest game publisher of all time!" - No Ban

"Nintendo is the shittiest game publisher of all time!" - Instant Ban

"Adam Sandler can go to hell!" - No Ban

"Shigeru Miyamoto can go to hell!" - Instant Ban

"The new iPhone is garbage!" - No Ban"

"The new Nintendo console is garbage!" - Instant ban

See the fine nuance here?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.