By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90

Holy shit! He finally did it!

Around the Network

Recently a new Pokemon series was announced; is it a response to this? Is Ash finally being retired? A good way to send him off.

Xxain said:
Recently a new Pokemon series was announced; is it a response to this? Is Ash finally being retired? A good way to send him off.

I don't think it counts as a 'reponse'. The Alola series was reaching the end anyway, and the new series always launches alongside the new games, so it was just a reflection of the timing.

I can see it being feasible that this is Ash's last series. Having won a league tournament, the show could say tjis means he can now be classed as a Pokemon Master, which was his original goal, so it would be a natural end to his story. That said, he also won the Orange League and beat all the Frontier Brains, which could have also given him the same status and the show continued.

The new show said it will featured as prior regions so bit unclear what the plan is. 29th September is the full reveal so guess that's where it'll become clear.

About damn time! I never hated or loved him personally. The trainers from the games were better but there was always something redeeming about him. At least he finally succeeded

Personally, he should have won it a number of times already (Kalos and Sinnoh), but hey, better late than never.

Around the Network

You gotta lose before you can win.

The madman did it!!! But what did he actually win? He lost valuable time chasing something with no real meaning. What has victory brought him? He lost friends. Contact with his family. All for chasing this dream, that has brought him nothing. He will be celebrated for a day. A week. But they will forget him very soon. Just another poor soul who stands on a lonely mountain.

Freaking finally. I can't believe it took him this long to win but hey, at least the writers finally gave him a break. I hope this means the series gets a new protagonist and he gets to be the experienced trainer teaching the younger generations.

OTBWY said:
The madman did it!!! But what did he actually win? He lost valuable time chasing something with no real meaning. What has victory brought him? He lost friends. Contact with his family. All for chasing this dream, that has brought him nothing. He will be celebrated for a day. A week. But they will forget him very soon. Just another poor soul who stands on a lonely mountain.

Heh, when I think about, keeping and aging Ash would be some shit.

Imagine this, an older Ash, in his mid-late 20s, hell, I'd even take his mid-late teens, (and dating/married to Serena, because Serena is the best girl, screw everyone who disagrees) training a new batch of aspiring Pokemon trainers in the Galar region, one of those trainers being the new protagonist of the Sword/Shield anime; And just to put the cherry on top of that sundae, Pikachu, after 22 years, FINALLY evolved into Raichu.

Why necrobump this thread, you shoulda made a new one.

Guess they saw all the backlash after X/Y and finally decided to give the people what they wanted. It's cool but eh I've long lost interest.