By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think it's ok. But nevertheless we are obliged to get our asses off this dust bowl.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

The muslim religion is the problem and those teaching it, not education in general.

If it was easy to teach extremist to behave, we wouldnt be haveing all these attacks.

You cant reason with them, they are set in their ways and think they know better.

Don't lump all muslim together, you're just adding to the problem. It's the equivalent of saying all catholics are pedophiles because of the scandal with certains priests a couple years ago.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
JRPGfan said:

The muslim religion is the problem and those teaching it, not education in general.

If it was easy to teach extremist to behave, we wouldnt be haveing all these attacks.

You cant reason with them, they are set in their ways and think they know better.

Don't lump all muslim together, you're just adding to the problem. It's the equivalent of saying all catholics are pedophiles because of the scandal with certains priests a couple years ago.

He kind of didn't, though. He said "the muslim religion is the problem", not "muslims are the problem". The former statement refers to a religion/set of ideals while the latter refers to a group of people practicing a religion, but not necessarily following it to the T. However, I do find the part where he said "and those teaching it" to be too general because not all imams are extreme and some have actually called out against Islamic fundamentalism/Sharia law.

d21lewis said:
Nymeria said:
It is all relative. What era of human history would you prefer? Personally find the 21st century as the best time to be human even with all its issues.

I was listening to a podcast this morning. The guy said "I'm black. If they invented time travel, there's not even that many times i can go back to!" Truth be told, I don't think things have ever been better than they are right now. We were just less aware.

I was actually going to say something very similar to this.

It's been a lot lot worse for most of humans history. Even recent history like WW1, WW2, British genocides of weaker countries like Ireland, Mongolian genocides the list is endless.

Today's atrocities are nothing compared to the past. Only thing is we now have social media and over dramatic news corps which make people think WW3 is coming.

Around the Network

The thing is that all this stuff had been existent since humanity existed, if not even worse than today. Through the Internet, however, we are simply more informed about it. The benefit of the Internet is that such crimes can be spotted and shamed easier.

Alt removed.

Nothing wrong with a death penalty.

Some criminals are just better off not being around.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

d21lewis said:
Nymeria said:
It is all relative. What era of human history would you prefer? Personally find the 21st century as the best time to be human even with all its issues.

I was listening to a podcast this morning. The guy said "I'm black. If they invented time travel, there's not even that many times i can go back to!" Truth be told, I don't think things have ever been better than they are right now. We were just less aware.

I personally love the fact that I've got running clean water in my house and when I go to the bathroom I can get rid of it without the risk of becoming infected with Cholera and dying, also the fact that England no longer owns the country I live, Taxes the population for Light and jus primae noctis being practiced from Lords there on Irish women. So yeah, now is technically the best time to be Irish as well.

Keep in mind that the attack/going crazy which happened in France on Friday morning killed 84 people out of 7,400,000,000 of the humans on the planet, sure 84 people seems like a big number, but in reality it's around 20 less than the number of people who die every single minute on this planet. I mean in the grand scheme of things it was 1/88,095,238th of the global population that died, in the same period there was the same or a greater number of births, I mean the OP asks why the human race isn't extinct yet... and the simple answer is because there is so many of us and we breed like a disease on the planet.

To curl up and think that the world is gone made because such a small fraction of it's population died... I mean think of it like this, a baby's body has around 20billion cells in it, if it got a scratch which would damage 160 cells of it's skin (a tiny scratch) and had the reaction of wanting to crawl back inside it's mothers womb and stay there... that is the attitude people are considering now because of global news, sure you never heard of all the bad things happening in the world a few years ago, but at the same time you also didn't have the ability to download a movie or game from the other side of the world in a number of minutes.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Turkish said:
JRPGfan said:

You are typing on your computer thanks to the golden age of the muslim religion. Islam is the best religion in the world, hijacked by terrorists. The problem are Saudi backed wahhabis, who only came to power because imperialist colonialist Europeans destroyed the united and peaceful middle east around 100 years ago.

If your understanding is that shallow, you probably should not give your 2 cents.

What does an ancient invention from Greece, that a British man come up with the more modern version of, have to do with Islam?  Nothing. So don't give credit where it is not due.  

And yes, the Muslim religion needs a massive overhaul.  True, there are many moderates who have abandoned the more violent teaching of Islam, but until they are in the majority and Sharia Law is a footnote of history, we will continue to have these large groups of terrorists and those who sympathize with their cause.  There are many Muslim countries where homosexuality, adultery, and even blasphemy against Muhammad is a crime punishable by death or life in prison.  If the majority of Muslims were moderates, that would not be the case.