By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you think Okami Wii will sell?

Less than the PS2 version. It will bomb bomb BOOOOOOMB

Don't ignore what this game is made of people

Port of a PS2 game.

2 years later

Full price (same cost as the PS2 version at release)

No additional content at all

No graphical upgrade at all (even the framerate is the same)

No advertising budget was given to the game. Zero commercials shot or anything. (Confirmed by capcom themselves)

Multiple delays on the game already

The original was a niche title that bombed as well

The Wii library has matured to the point that bottom feeding for games isn't necessary anymore like it was last year when RE:Wii came out. People will be playing Tales of Symph 2 and Rockband MK:Wii, Wiifit and Wiiware games when this comes out. You know, REAL efforts worth the time rather than SLUMMING on old ports of games that bombed already and are being released with even LESS advertising than it had the first time it underperformed.

This game is a fruit freaking cocktail of ingredients needed to make a game bomb, and no amount of wishful thinking, not desire to see it do well just so the Wii can have another good 3rd party seller is going to save this game. It is doomed, a sum of its own crappy make up. It has nothing going for it. Nothing.

Edit: Let me add, that if by some miracle this game does perform well at retail, Ill see it as nothing but statistical noise. An exception rather than the rule, a minor thing that slipped through the cracks, kind of like Carnival Games selling a million plus worldwide. After all, if you throw enough s**t at the wall, eventually SOMETHING sticks. 

Around the Network

200k seems likely to me.

250k.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Xyrax: actually, graphically it looks better on the Wii, because of crisper textures, progressive scan and true widescreen. And the controls are much better, too. I think a couple of Zelda fans will pick it up, so it should sell better than it did on the PS2...

1 million :D Considering the chunk of sholverware in Wii, Okami will stand out and sell 1 million, hopefully

Around the Network

Maybe 400K, if it is lucky.

I hope it sells 500k. Would be nice and 1 million would just be a miracle. Most likely to sell about 250-300k.

what were the origional ps2 sales for it?

well anyways i would say in the range of 300k or better. i don't expect it to get anywhere near 1million

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

500K lifetime is my guess.

My bet is 400k