By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo have not made an operating profit overall this generation.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

I really wish more people on this site would agree.

I understand why people like the concept of defined generations, it makes comparisons easier but they are all over the place.

For example, Gameboy could be defined as a dual-generation device having released in 1989 & getting replaced in 2001. And where does Dreamcast fit in? It released basically right between PS1/N64/Sat & PS2/GC/XB.

You could argue that the Gameboy spans three generations. It was the primary handheld console from the existance of the NES to the SNES to the N64. The beginning/end of generations are completely arbitrary.

Around the Network

Jesus Christ. This thread should be saved. I hope many of the Nintendo fans here read me: avoid financial threads because you dont know anything. This is the biggest embarassment of the year in Vgchartz.

The Op is just pointing a reality and we play the victim role. Seriously? What's wrong with that people?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Jesus Christ. This thread should be saved. I hope many of the Nintendo fans here read me: avoid financial threads because you dont know anything. This is the biggest embarassment of the year in Vgchartz.

The Op is just pointing a reality and we play the victim role. Seriously? What's wrong with that people?

Yea, I came here expecting a decent conversation about recent financials.  I quickly learned to pretty much avoid reading any further comments after looking a few posts up from mine with the op wanting to be banned and thread shut down. 

sethnintendo said:
Pavolink said:

Yea, I came here expecting a decent conversation about recent financials.  I quickly learned to pretty much avoid reading any further comments after looking a few posts up from mine with the op wanting to be banned and thread shut down. 

I also expected something decent, not the "but Sorny!" or the "going fourth party nigga" comments. It's sad. It would be interesting to have a general Nintendo financials thread. Especially during the quarterly reports.

Pavolink said:

OP surely has all the rights to point to the few years when Nintendo made losses, but the timing is what makes people angry. Nintendo is back on track, they make profits again, so why come up with something that everybody already knows since three years? What kind of discussion should have been coming around, anyway? Yeah, they made losses in that time. And? We all know the reasons already. I don't want to defend anybody with this, but I can understand why the Ninty fans got crazy, because now there's this one time when Nintendo hits some sweet spots and immediately someone crashes the party. But, on the other hand, I honestly believe that OP never had such intentions and I feel sorry for all the shit he had to read.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Pavolink said:

OP surely has all the rights to point to the few years when Nintendo made losses, but the timing is what makes people angry. Nintendo is back on track, they make profits again, so why come up with something that everybody already knows since three years? What kind of discussion should have been coming around, anyway? Yeah, they made losses in that time. And? We all know the reasons already. I don't want to defend anybody with this, but I can understand why the Ninty fans got crazy, because now there's this one time when Nintendo hits some sweet spots and immediately someone crashes the party. But, on the other hand, I honestly believe that OP never had such intentions and I feel sorry for all the shit he had to read.

The timing is not bad. Actually is the perfect one. Having in the OP numbers from each fy we can see how they are turning the ship and with the current good news you can get the impression that they are going onto a new era full of succesful projects.

The problem is that many don't want to hear anything bad about Nintendo, when I'm pretty sure they are considering all those numbers to make it a better company, like diversyfing with mobile apps and theme parks.

Pavolink said:

The timing is not bad. Actually is the perfect one. Having in the OP numbers from each fy we can see how they are turning the ship and with the current good news you can get the impression that they are going onto a new era full of succesful projects.

The problem is that many don't want to hear anything bad about Nintendo, when I'm pretty sure they are considering all those numbers to make it a better company, like diversyfing with mobile apps and theme parks.

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. Even the greatest Nintendo fans say they hate certain games (Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis, Devil's Third), certain hardware (New 3DS, the Wii U Gamepad), certain control decisions (Star Fox Zero), certain delays (Zelda BotW), certain non existing games (new Metroid), etc.

GoOnKid said:
Pavolink said:

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. Even the greatest Nintendo fans say they hate certain games (Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis, Devil's Third), certain hardware (New 3DS, the Wii U Gamepad), certain control decisions (Star Fox Zero), certain delays (Zelda BotW), certain non existing games (new Metroid), etc.

You'll be surprised about the delays...

I feel sorry for Barkley...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

mountaindewslave said:
Barkley said:

Absolutely you cannot say the 3ds has flopped at all, it has performed very well. However I believe naruball when talking about 3ds software is referring to VGChartz figures, such as the PS4 having 250.64 Million Units of Software Sold, and the 3DS having 242.34 Million Units of software sold. Even though the PS4 has a much smaller installbase and has been out 2 and a half years less. But regardless of how it is doing in relation to the PS4 the 3ds is performing well.

As for the Gamecube losing money, I'm not so sure about that.

the Gamecube did NOT lose money

If you're gonna make such a statement, you should provide a source. A source that doesn't lump homeconsoles and handhelds together would be great.