By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Blast in Quetta.Why is my city and province ignored?

Do you know anything about my city or province

Yes 7 16.67%

No 35 83.33%

Total:42
Ka-pi96 said:
Not really surprising it doesn't make world news. No offence intended but I've never even heard of Quetta before. Unless it happened in Europe, the middle east or north America then the chances of it being reported here (Europe) are very low unless it was something really big.

Seems really strange that it didn't even make local news though. You'd have assumed news in Pakistan would have been the opposite where the focus is on events in the local area with far away places like north America being ignored instead.

Welcome to Pakistan. Balochistan is given no priority and Punjab the highest then sindh and then kpk the four provinces in the country. But the hypocrisy shines because out of dozens of major incidents in the city none reached you on the far side

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Eagle367 said:

You are from sindh? Wow the first Pakistani in this thread. I am safe and don't even know if people died because it occurred in cantt and was covered up. Only word of mouth to go by

I meant to use the word formerly, and used formally (sometimes english escapes my thoughts). I am currently in Canada (Still born in Sindh), have been for most of my life, but I was in Quetta when I was young, and I remember the beauty of it. I very much enjoyed visiting Quetta and Islamabad. 

Yeah its changed a lot. Turned into a backwards garbage pile but now is developing somewhat with its first mall in 2014 and now a cinema and a second mall with a third fourth fifth under way and a lot of places to eat outside but still a garbage pile due to afghan immigrants a redundant sewarage system and broken roads as well

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Acevil said:

I meant to use the word formerly, and used formally (sometimes english escapes my thoughts). I am currently in Canada (Still born in Sindh), have been for most of my life, but I was in Quetta when I was young, and I remember the beauty of it. I very much enjoyed visiting Quetta and Islamabad. 

Yeah its changed a lot. Turned into a backwards garbage pile but now is developing somewhat with its first mall in 2014 and now a cinema and a second mall with a third fourth fifth under way and a lot of places to eat outside but still a garbage pile due to afghan immigrants a redundant sewarage system and broken roads as well

Sounds like half of Karachi currently. 

That is deep when put into perspective. Man it is crazy all over the place smh. Sad to hear this news though....any loss of life is always sad in my eyes....especially unnecessary loss of life due to tragic events like this.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Eagle367 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Thats what happens when you're not first world. Its sad but its just how it is apparently.

Yes the hypocrites

We're hypocrites? Yup, that makes me feel sorry for you. You can't blame people for not knowing these sort of events, as they happen all the time. Europe has generally been stable for decades, so having terror attacks would be a shock for them. Sorry for what happened, but dont accuse us of being hypocritical.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Understand it from another perspective:

You said it yourself, this stuff has happened a lot. Thousands have died. Honestly, most people around the world think that's normal for your part of the world. It happens so often that people become desensitized to it. And to bring up another point that YOU brought up: your local news didn't even cover it. Why? 

As you said, the attacks over there are a common occurence, so no one will give special care... if average dies is 100 for 100,000 and because of the attacks on a very disturbed area it goes to 105 no one will care... now if you are in a place considered safe and average is 10 and it grows to 30 then it'll make news.

In brazil we have one of the biggest death ratio in the world, over most countries in war (or at least civil war) and we don't make international news every time a shoot out happens.

That is life... if you live in a bad place no one will care if something bad happens as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Eagle367 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Not really surprising it doesn't make world news. No offence intended but I've never even heard of Quetta before. Unless it happened in Europe, the middle east or north America then the chances of it being reported here (Europe) are very low unless it was something really big.

Seems really strange that it didn't even make local news though. You'd have assumed news in Pakistan would have been the opposite where the focus is on events in the local area with far away places like north America being ignored instead.

Welcome to Pakistan. Balochistan is given no priority and Punjab the highest then sindh and then kpk the four provinces in the country. But the hypocrisy shines because out of dozens of major incidents in the city none reached you on the far side

You should ask your own country why they ignore your city not the rest of the world.

Do you know Caçapava or Guarulhos? Probably not, and why should you? It doesn't mean anything to you, but they are probably bigger than a lot of cities you know, and I won't blame you for that

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

yea, I didn't read any reports of these bombing and I'm very sorry to hear your people are going through so much suffering due to radicals

I can imagine you feel frustrated and angry that the attacks in France garner so much attention, while your screams are ignored by the rest of the world - we are very self-absorbed ppl :S

bombings in Iraq still get small articles pretty frequently, but the last time I remember major news about Pakistan was after the 2005 earthquake

Ka-pi96 said:

Sadly the news in Pakistan reflects Punjab the most, after that the capital and after that Karachi (City, not even the province). The other provinces are largely ignored by the world and the country.