By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo presentation leaked

Lrdfancypants said:
bunchanumbers said:

MS pretty much destroyed themselves with the DRM fiasco and ps4 does have a power advantage. Plus Sony had that brilliant launch advertising campaign. 1) The one with the crowds and the girl who said 'All my friends who are gamers own Playstation.' 2) Followed with Greatness Awaits. It was a masterclass in marketing. I fully expect them to do it again. 3) Its why I said it could be 2 hamsters. Sony has a year and a good marketing team. Neo will sell millions.

1) Who?  I own two ps4's and I have no idea to what you refer.

2) You mean the tagline that's been shredded and mocked since introduction?

3) It's still insulting no matter how you adjust it. Is there a particular reason why you think ps4 owners (many of whom I assume own multiple gaming devices) are so dimwitted they'd be tricked by slick marketing (marketing that's been made into parody, see #2) into buying a machine run by hamsters without realizing it?  Or are they knowingly buying said machine run by hamsters and not electronics simply out of love for brand?

just curious as I've seen this common line of thought across the interwebz for sometime. 

Sadly there will be no elaboration. If you took personal offense, I apologize.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Lrdfancypants said:

3) It's still insulting no matter how you adjust it. Is there a particular reason why you think ps4 owners (many of whom I assume own multiple gaming devices) are so dimwitted they'd be tricked by slick marketing (marketing that's been made into parody, see #2) into buying a machine run by hamsters without realizing it?  Or are they knowingly buying said machine run by hamsters and not electronics simply out of love for brand?

just curious as I've seen this common line of thought across the interwebz for sometime. 

If only you meant it. There really isn't elaboration needed is there? :)

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Pemalite said:

I would like to see Microsoft (And Nintendo!) match Sony in terms of sales, even if it is an uphill battle as competition is good for all consumers.

No, it isn't.

Hunting Season is done...

aLkaLiNE said:
His is outdated information that could or could not be indicative of what the Neo is now.

- this presentation was made before Scorpio announcement
- this presentation was completed before SCEI became SIE
- SCEI became SIE January 26, 2016. Again this presentation is OLD
- other tumors have circulated in the meantime that Sony had been playing with multiple different tiers of power for the Neo. I don't think that, given scorpions announcement, this presentation holds weight now

no! SCEI became SIE on April 1st 2016
why don't we have leaked presentations or anything about a more powerful neo? just some vague rumores from rnd people on messageboards. hard facs are just for this version of neo. so at least this was the option pursued by sony.

bunchanumbers said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Why not? You gave pretty bold statement, there must be a reason for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I just hope they won't try and force 4K. The same for the Scorpio. Neither will do 4K at a respectable level. They should just go for 1080p @60 fps and Ultra equivalent settings. The Neo and Scorpio doing 4K is a pipe dream, and will in the end be detrimental to gamers.

DonFerrari said:
bunchanumbers said:

Stated it and reaffirmed it again. 

I wasn't offended personally that someone I don't know on the internet thinks I and millions of others are of weak mind and easily tricked by slick marketing.  Although it is fascinating that marketing can be seen as both so grand as to fool millions while at the same time being so bad it's ridiculed. (As in the greatness awaits line)  

Moreso I was curious at the line of thought because it's been a shared theme across the internet for sometime and I wonder what brings one to that particular conclusion.  It's interesting to me on a lazy Saturday to inquire about.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Am I the only one not seeing anything on the first post?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

DonFerrari said:
bunchanumbers said:

Sadly there will be no elaboration on my lack of elaboration. If you took personal offense to this or any other post I have made, I apologize.

Azuren said:
Am I the only one not seeing anything on the first post?

the link the Op had to the presentation slides is dead, but here is a different one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1rd7hRO-Ah6b2dTb0VnQTJXZE0/view